Blacked Out Front Grill Emblem

d6781b445b621c4cafcde5d9647fa2b3.jpg

I can't tell from your front shot. But the other picture seems to not have any orange on the outter corners. All the pictures I see of the stock OEM are orange. I found a chrome rim for the headlights. But it doesn't look like there's chrome all the way around the above picture I asked about. Kind of looks chrome just in the corner. But can't tell.

I can't tell from your front shot. But the other picture seems to not have any orange on the outter corners. All the pictures I see of the stock OEM are orange. I found a chrome rim for the headlights. But it doesn't look like there's chrome all the way around the above picture I asked about. Kind of looks chrome just in the corner. But can't tell.
Yeah i know but she is black and white, This is Why You cant see the orange . I take a look and its the same.

This doesn't seem to have any amber in it. Looks possibly like a chrome eyelid but can't tell.

This stock photo is totally amber. There's a reflector in the light.

This has 2 cars. One on the back with amber and the gray in front is not?

So is it a lip that's covering it or upgraded lights?

Attachments

• IMG_20140814_101222.JPG
    IMG_20140814_101222.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_20140814_101244.JPG
    IMG_20140814_101244.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20140814_101157.JPG
    IMG_20140814_101157.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
just did my emblems. the rear Mazda emblem was tough because of the line where the 2 panels meet

looks pretty good i think lol

Attachments

• 2014-08-14-19-31-52_deco.jpg
    2014-08-14-19-31-52_deco.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 559
  • 2014-08-14-19-16-56_deco.jpg
    2014-08-14-19-16-56_deco.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 547
I like it. The chrome emblem looks like a big shinny nose. I was thinking of doing the same thing until some a-hole ripped it off my grill a week after I bought it. He/she confirmed my thoughts. It looks better without the chrome.

I like it. The chrome emblem looks like a big shinny nose. I was thinking of doing the same thing until some a-hole ripped it off my grill a week after I bought it. He/she confirmed my thoughts. It looks better without the chrome.

I had black pearl emblems on my prior Sequoia's and Solara years ago. Toyota seems to have discod that option and I like the pearl finish, adds a bit of a pop to it. Otherwise the matte black look is pretty cool, unique. Perhaps a chrome grille to offset the black emblem.

Added some colour to the grille surround- wanted to keep the chrome on white:

I like the blacked out badge, I'm thinking of doing it to the misses white CX5

Just wondering what you guys think about not just plasti dipping the nose (mazda emblem) but the smile also? I have a white cx5 and a can of dip ready and waiting. I do like how the smile enters the headlights ...so just a little unsure. Defo doing the emblem/badge. Cheers

So I want to get the CX-5 and the emblem blacked out in the rear. Not sure if I want to go the plasti dip diy route though. My tint guy said he could do it for $225. What he does is just tosses the old emblems because of the glue on them, orders new ones and powder coats them. Seems pretty pricey though. He also quoted me $550 to get the calipers painted as well. I did the calipers myself on a Jetta Sportwagon I had and it wasn't too hard but it didn't look nearly as nice as a professional job. This guy always has exotic cars that he working on at his shop and he does some very nice work fwiw. What do you think. Too pricey?

So I want to get the CX-5 and the emblem blacked out in the rear. Not sure if I want to go the plasti dip diy route though. My tint guy said he could do it for $225. What he does is just tosses the old emblems because of the glue on them, orders new ones and powder coats them. Seems pretty pricey though. He also quoted me $550 to get the calipers painted as well. I did the calipers myself on a Jetta Sportwagon I had and it wasn't too hard but it didn't look nearly as nice as a professional job. This guy always has exotic cars that he working on at his shop and he does some very nice work fwiw. What do you think. Too pricey?

It sounds like you've spent a ton of money so far on all your accessories. IMHO don't like the blacked out emblem look especially on our color. I definitely wouldn't bother. Get your front windows tinted or something if you have the mod itch.

damn man way too pricey. calipers can be done yourself and look professionally done for under $20 and the plastidip route is a really good way to go. if you want gloss spray some glossifier on there, thats under $20 as well. wanna go back to oem, just rub the stuff off

damn man way too pricey. calipers can be done yourself and look professionally done for under $20 and the plastidip route is a really good way to go. if you want gloss spray some glossifier on there, thats under $20 as well. wanna go back to oem, just rub the stuff off

That's the route I'm going to go. If I don't like it at least I didn't pay a ton of money to have it done. Thanks guys.

That was relatively painless. I like it but now I'm considering removing the CX-5 as well. I'll sleep on it. Thanks again.

Before
47d5bea1-c178-4d31-adb7-b532bb5db7ff.jpg

After
e4a0f3fb2ed6cf6264e1488d6f45bddf.jpg

5ebb15f603c1f025788f88526e9b8a4e.jpg

Last edited:
Back