Black or liquid silver?

icarlos

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT
My bro will get a 2014 gt with black leather this week, not sure if guetting a Black or liquid silver?

Witch one would you prefer?

Is he the type to hand wash his car and keep it polished/protected?

If not, then silver.

Definitely Silver. All the body features and contours look so much sexier with the silver. Of course, I might be a bit biased. (wink)

Is he the type to hand wash his car and keep it polished/protected?

If not, then silver.

This. I black car doesn't look bad when a little dirty. But, unless very carefully cared for, looks like crap when cleaned. I don't care what you do, it WILL have scratches and swirls visible when clean and sunny. Polishing occasional, with a buffer, is required to keep it looking really sharp. On the other hand, if his current car is dirty now, black is fine. He won't keep it clean enough to tell.

I too tend to like the silver look with tinted windows. He is between a ford escape and a cx-5, We went to test drive a titanium escape yesterday and was very impressed with the interior quality and features. Also the 2.0 with EcoBoost felt more responsive than the 2.5 cx-5 and the prices were only 2000.00 apart.

Silver -- I had 3 black cars in the past worst color for me as I hate dirt streaks spots etc---seemed like i was at the car wash every day with black.

Silver -- I had 3 black cars in the past worst color for me as I hate dirt streaks spots etc---seemed like i was at the car wash every day with black.
Agree, silver.... i had 1 black car EVER and never again. Traded in my black cx-9 for a silver !!!!!!!!!!!

Silver over here, too. I've had mine for about a month and a half, and have not yet felt the need to go to the car wash. No, it's not spotless, but if it was black I'd have been to the car wash 4 or 5 times.

I would grab silver. Black is too ubiquitous (at least this shade of silver isn't so common in my area) and it hides the lines on this car.

Other than my liquid silver, I have seen a few pearl white, soul red around town, but not sky blue, meteor gray, jet black.

Silver with black interior looks sweet. Much easier to keep clean and doesn't show dust. 19 inch wheels look great too!

i love black but chose silver for all the reasons mentioned. i love a black interior and very glad it doesn't have outright contrast stitching, which i truly loathe - such as red as found on the equinox.

while not as dramatic, silver can be polished to a shine.

also, sometimes i drive in the desert. one might think that silver would reflect some of that heat versus black, which would absorb more of it.

Last edited:
Silver exterior will definitely keep interior cooler than black exterior in high hot/sunny conditions. Exterior color is a much bigger factor than interior color for interior temps in hot weather.

I've had one black car, never again.
Also had two silver cars, and just ordered my third, they only need washing around every 5 weeks.

While black needs washing every time it rains, only looks clean in the UK for one day.

Back