Black Mesh Grille Inserts - Anyone Try These?

They don't look bad. I would consider a set if they have it for the lower chin grill. It would be useful to protect the radiator and AC condenser.

Hmmmmm, not sure I like it either, maybe good for poor roads where rocks may be present and you want to protect the grill otherwise if simply for looks not my cup of tea.

They do sell an upper and lower piece. In the last 10 seconds of the video it's visible.

I like the protection factor too, as well as how flush it sits with the rest of the front trim.

Overall, a much better value than the $300+ overkill chrome sets sold over here.

I think it looks pretty good.

I would consider them if they could also be used for winter baffling in our colder climate, here in the great white north; perhaps by backing the screening with some type of fabric or synthetic sheeting. I've read on another thread that the winter baffling could help the vehicle's cold weather mpg figures.

Thoughts?

I like the factory grill, maybe it would be a good idea, to install something denser behind it and not in front of it.

I'll always take mesh over honeycomb. I can imagine quickly pulling these off once in Spring and Fall and then soaking it in Simple Green, doing a light scrub on both sides, and then blasting it clean with a hose. Super-ideal in my book!

they will obscure 2 of the front parking sensors which are build into the honeycomb grill

The vendor also offers a variation of this product that does not obscure the front parking sensors (which BTW, are n/a in North America as far as I know).

If anyone figures out a way to get these I would be in for a group buy, more interested in the lower grille, but would probably get both just to match.

I prefer my DIY method.. $2 well spent in my opinion! I'm going to do the grill next. I just have to find a stronger material then the mesh I used for the bottom.
bf8bf740-fe84-413e-865e-9bf7228975c3_zpsec35429f.jpg

2014-05-27071325_zps6e390a73.jpg

2014-05-27071342_zps877fa8e1.jpg

2014-05-27071349_zpsf7ce7e32.jpg

If you could find a way to attach it without all of those zip ties showing, it would look so much cleaner.

Back in the day, I did the same thing but with rain gutter mesh, it's very stiff but still flexible enough to shape it. This is the plastic version, I know you can get metal as well.

Back