Black emblems installed - pics

tunersteve

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
Picked up a set of the flying M's the other day and installed on my MS6. Very happy with the result. The glossy black really sticks out, and looks good with the headlights, fog lights, and grille.

Attachments

• P9050164.JPG
    P9050164.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 372
  • P9050165.JPG
    P9050165.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 342
Those from SU?? They look nice.... Keep a watch out for peeling. I have a set and they are starting to peel....

Those from SU?? They look nice.... Keep a watch out for peeling. I have a set and they are starting to peel....

Yeah, they're SU. I was hoping to avoid peeling by buying a set from them. I still have my other badges, and I'm hoping that I can soak them and paint them similarly as a backup. How long have you had them installed on your car?

I have the one's from SU as well, I have had them on for about 2 months now, so far so good ... they better last, they were not cheap.

i dont know why you guys didnt just paint the ones on your car already. why spend 80 dollars when you can do it yourself for WAAAAY cheaper.

i dont know why you guys didnt just paint the ones on your car already. why spend 80 dollars when you can do it yourself for WAAAAY cheaper.

It's just a matter of preference. I'm repainting my badges as we speak, but I took the route of getting some that were prof. finished. To each his own.

i understand that...but like VRMS6 said his are starting to peel...what it sounds like is they just bought up a bunch of badges from the dealer, sprayed them, and jacked up the price. that doesnt sound really "professional" to me. but thats my opinion.

can anyone do a short how to on removing these? both front and back?

Front - remove the grille, use a flat screwdriver, pop the 6 tabs loose and gently tug the emblem off. No adhesive here.

Rear - heat up, and use fishing line or floss and peel under adhesive. Badge will pop off with two small holes in trunk. There may be plastic bushings that sit on the tabs, but those can be removed as well.

Funny thing is that I did mine today too. The only difference is that I covered the stock one with gloss black vinyl.

Color matched look good.
A fellow member has a black mica sedan 3, and a grey sport wagon6 with a speed6 front end. all there badging and name plates are color matched looks great.

Freekwonder- yes i will strip the chrome on your badging and paint them satin black. unless i can find a good price on color match paint. but then it will be hard to match right. so i might just to satin black. or see if i can find flat black Rc airplane covering and well cover them. then they wont peel. ill try one.

Color matched look good.
A fellow member has a black mica sedan 3, and a grey sport wagon6 with a speed6 front end. all there badging and name plates are color matched looks great.

Freekwonder- yes i will strip the chrome on your badging and paint them satin black. unless i can find a good price on color match paint. but then it will be hard to match right. so i might just to satin black. or see if i can find flat black Rc airplane covering and well cover them. then they wont peel. ill try one.

Got any pics of the color matched ones?

i hear there are 16ish tabs to take the front grill off. id look right now but im at work. is this true?

No, only 4 clips. The M itself has 6 or 8 tabs, but comes off fairly easy. There's a how-to for removing the grille that was just posted.

Back