Blaack emblems and side molding removed

Let's just say someone came up and scratched some paint off of the emblem on the rear. Would the adhesive that you used to put it back on be just as friendly as what was originally used to affix the emblems the first time around? Asking just in case I try this, change my mind about the color, and want to try a different color. BTW, I like the black on the red.

Looks great. your car would look so sexy if that speed decal was in black and you either:
A) Painted your rims black
B) Bought black rims.

:D

I'll have to admit that it does look better without the side mouldings and hey, do they really add that much protecton? I need protection from roadkill such as pieces of truck tires. I have learned to trust that if I really want to go around road trash, the 3 will follow suit but I'm usually on top of it before I see it. Sorry; probably not the right forum for that last bit - I do have pictures though!

I took the side moldings off my 04 3 and got a ding right where they used to be. I re-installed them to cover the ding but that was a big project because I had to get the old 3m tape off.

first of all: black emblems are hot; mazda 5's on the other hand...
Your whip looks pretty freakin sweet. I'm a fan of the black. I would definitely agree to the black wheels post. Most importantly, I actually like the decal. I don't think I've seen one positioned like that and it just looks plain cool.

sincerely,
protege guy checkin out the 3 forums

RENE063 said:
Let's just say someone came up and scratched some paint off of the emblem on the rear. Would the adhesive that you used to put it back on be just as friendly as what was originally used to affix the emblems the first time around? Asking just in case I try this, change my mind about the color, and want to try a different color. BTW, I like the black on the red.

That is a good point. Not sure? I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I like the black wheel idea. I was also thinking gunmetal.

i did the same thing to my car, except, i painted them myself. for wheels i have Bronze Work Emotion CR KAI's 17x7

i don't have any current pics though.....

i was never a big fan of painting stock wheels.....what if you have to sell the car???? just a thought. my stockies are still the ungly chrome the day i bought the car. i thought about painting them but am glad i didnt. just a thought

kudakev615 said:
i was never a big fan of painting stock wheels.....what if you have to sell the car???? just a thought. my stockies are still the ungly chrome the day i bought the car. i thought about painting them but am glad i didnt. just a thought

Good points about the wheels. You never know where things are going to go.

Hey i think the new emblems look great. it actually made me want to do it but i was wondering if you had any tips about using the fishing line. I'm a little nervous about it since it is such a new car. thanks it looks awesome

andrew.savage said:
Hey i think the new emblems look great. it actually made me want to do it but i was wondering if you had any tips about using the fishing line. I'm a little nervous about it since it is such a new car. thanks it looks awesome
i think he went to a paintshop to have them proferssionally painted, if im not mistaken.

I removed the back one with fishing line and front one has screws and some clips. Then took them to a paint shop and they painted and cleared them for 20 bucks.

The fishing line is easy to use. Just slide it between the metal and emblem, then start moving back and forth. It doesn't take a lot of force or least it didn't on my car. There are some pins on the ends of the wings but just work around those.

Emblems look good in black on your car, Black and Red are a good color scheme. I've always liked blacked out emblems or, even better, no emblems.
Kinda doing the same Red & black on mine, only my car is Black Mica and the accents are slowly getting changed to red.

sromero2 said:
I removed the back one with fishing line and front one has screws and some clips. Then took them to a paint shop and they painted and cleared them for 20 bucks.

The fishing line is easy to use. Just slide it between the metal and emblem, then start moving back and forth. It doesn't take a lot of force or least it didn't on my car. There are some pins on the ends of the wings but just work around those.

thanks man, it's freaking cold up in CT so i'm gunna wait till it's gets a little warmer to give it a try. I'll post 'em up when i'm done. mine will be matte black emblems on black car. i'm doing the 2.3 symbols as well

I am very curious how my speed3 will look without an emblem on the back. I would appreciate it if someone took a picture of their 5th door without the badge (if you decide to paint and do a removal).

The emblems looks great, and the sticker looks good- if you like it, that's what matters. I'm going to try paint mines too.

maestro said:
Emblems look good in black on your car, Black and Red are a good color scheme. I've always liked blacked out emblems or, even better, no emblems.
Kinda doing the same Red & black on mine, only my car is Black Mica and the accents are slowly getting changed to red.

It is very color specific. The black looks great with red, but my car is the Aurora Blue NA 3. Either bronze or gold would probably look the best, but that would be a little gangsta-lexus for my taste. For now, they are staying stock

Latest posts

Back