Bikingpro5 supercharged Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. Ride to work was good. Idle only has issues when stopped. Freeway = not a lot of stopping. During lunch I'll be in some fairly heavy traffic and stop lights and get to see how things run. I'll wing by Advance to see what codes I throw today and get a better look at my CC vac lines in the sunlight

No kidding. Ride to work was good. Idle only has issues when stopped. Freeway = not a lot of stopping. During lunch I'll be in some fairly heavy traffic and stop lights and get to see how things run. I'll wing by Advance to see what codes I throw today and get a better look at my CC vac lines in the sunlight

LMK how you make out, i still think it is a vac line issue somewhere but ill still send you a solenoid to swap in and try.

I need a solenoid regardless due to the control runner circuit high/low. I agree on the vac line. I'll find the leak and go back to NAPA for some more sexy black tubing

^ I have that same code!

which selonoid is the one we need?! from where can i get it?

^ I have that same code!

which selonoid is the one we need?! from where can i get it?

I'm going to drop some quick knowledge on ya.

Mazda used a system of butterflies in the intake manifold in an effort to reduce cold start emissions. The VTCS (Variable Tumble Control System) causes the incoming air to tumble as it enter the cylinder head and intake chamber with the hope of promoting better combustion at cold temps. However, once the engine has warmed up, the butterflies are fully opened yet still sit in the incoming air stream. A very popular mod is to remove these butterflies all together- much like how the Mazda MP3 does not have a VTCS in its manifold.

Those 2 rows of Butterfly valves are controlled by the Control runner arm. If you are looking at your engine bay, on the LEFT side of the intake manifold, down just a bit, is a small metal arm. This is a vacuum ran arm that changes the positioning of these valves.

Last edited:
so if I have that code i just need to replace those colored sensors? until i do the same mod ur doing?

so if I have that code i just need to replace those colored sensors? until i do the same mod ur doing?
The plugs that go into them are white and green, but yes, they connect to the solenoid

*Shown below in the RED box*

is70ZolLxC1RS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back