BEWARE of Sensen Strut for MAZDA 5

makachung

:
mazda 5 2006 touring
I badly need a front right strut, Its been 50,000 miles since i replaced mine thru the dealer. Browsing to the web and famous online seller. I found this SENSEN strut which is half the price of 2 major strut brands. But the term, "you get what you paid for" thing is real. Right is right... but the left isnt! the thing that holds the stabilizer link isnt right. see photos. talked to sensen customer rep, and they said I need to send my issues to the seller which is APX. Still debating if i still need to accept there offer of replacement or a refund is better and I will just buy myself a complete strut assembly.
look at the attached images. TY

UPdate: APX just sent me a replacement left strut for mazda 5. Unfortunately its the same thing as the one i previously installed. Definitely a manufacturing defect.

Update October 12, 2013: APX has just removed this item on AMZ website. So its true that this product does not fit Mazda 5.
#10 selling points of SEnsen:
"You are not taking a risk on a product that hasnt been tried and tested. Sensen has a 27 year history of manufacturing quality shocks & struts." But not for this item.

Update October 15, 2013: Got my refund from AMZ. woohooo.... case closed!

Attachments

• P1020198.jpg
    P1020198.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 450
  • P1020207.jpg
    P1020207.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 593
  • P1020229.JPG
    P1020229.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Sorry you had to learn the hard way. The Sensen are known to be garbage, I would get the refund and get yourself a reputable brand strut. Sometimes it is better to pay more...

Yup. Sorry about you learning the hard way. I posted a few times before about those SENSEN being crap. Just get a refund if you can and move on.

Not sure if they make them for the 5, but a lot of people (including myself) have had pretty good experiences with the Stagg SHS struts. They retail on ebay for under $200 shipped, and carry a one year warranty.

I had to improvise and place the dynamic damper on the other side so that it will not rub the tire temporariry. Lesson learned... the hard and expensive way.
Im just wondering if its APX fault or Sensen's fault about the error. But part of it is mine.... coz im the one who ordered them and never listen to you guys.
DO NOT BUY SENSEN STRUTS!

Last edited:
Get KYBs. No complaints from me.
Thanks...

They sent a replacement for the left strut. still defective! Now they want me to remove the Junk strut and return it to them before i can get my refund... wasted almost twice the value of the defective strut. Next time don't trust cheapo brands! especially SENSEN=JUNK

Attachments

• P1020229.JPG
    P1020229.JPG
    374.5 KB · Views: 345
i found kyb set of struts for my 2003 protege 5 for $209 shipped on ebay the sensens were $149 and since i couldnt find anything on their reputation i went kyb. try autopartswarehouse as well.

IDK why people aren't looking @ Amazon: $80 each strut for KYB GR2. Free shipping. End of story.

Back