Best Ultra High Perfomance Summer Tire

focker828

Hi everyone ,im looking for new tires .lm currently running General exclaims UHP 235/35/zr19 ,not to sure what to get anybody got any suggestion?.Thanks

Im looking for good ratings in hydroplaning,dry,wet,low noise and rim protections .Iv looked at reviews on various sites including tire rack ,I just wanted some feedback from mazda owners .Thanks

I'm installing some 275-35-18 General G-Max AS-03's UHP all seasons today...they got awesome reviews from Import Tuner, Modified, and a few other notable sources. Look up their info if it's something you might be interested in.

Are you trying to stay with the same size? If so, most of the suggestions that have been made here are useless. A quick search of your stated size shows a handful of tires available in the UHP summer category. Of those, the BFG KDW would be a great choice, as would the Yokohama S-drive. If you have other size options, it will give you more tire choices too.

Thanks all for the responses ,I'II probally stay with the same size tire and maybe look at the UHP and max performance tires to get more of a selection

Top Tier ultra high performance tires would be
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Hankook RS3
Dunlop Direzza Star Specs
Toyo R1R
Kumho XS

I've had the first 3, loved them all. Probably enjoyed the RE11's the most, but the Star Specs and RS3's are super almost race tire grip tires. They also wear quickly, have stiff sidewalls, and make lots of road noise.

Those tires you list are extreme performance tires not UHP. I'm going to throw out a recommendation for the Hankook V12s. I'm running them now and price per performance wise they are about as good as it gets. They would be a comparable performance category to your current tires.

Yup, V12s work well there. Anything that's classified as an "extreme" or "max" performance tire starts to give up other things in the pursuit of dry grip. UHP gives you the best performance while still maintaining wet grip and comfort. But I love my RS-3s. :)

hydroplaning is always an issue with our FattyMcFatterson tires, but currently have a set of 225/40/18 kumho ASX's and they work well in the Northwest, so long as you rotate them every oil change. the tread wear is nice, but definitely not a UHP, but my wife and kids are in that thing so I just want it to slice like a razor blade. For normal spirited everyday driving I only notice a negligible reduction in grip and a fraction of the cost for the factory equipped dunlop dz101

I've had the Kumho Ecsta SPTs on my last two cars and have really liked them. plenty of grip and didn't wear down terribly fast. plus, at $125 / tire they're a steal.

Im looking for good ratings in hydroplaning,dry,wet,low noise and rim protections .Iv looked at reviews on various sites including tire rack ,I just wanted some feedback from mazda owners .Thanks

I have been running the Continental's DW's......the sidewalks are a bit soft, but the dry grip is excellent and in the wet, I have never owned a better wet tire. If you are interested in getting a set met me know and I will send you an invitation to my conti club. Continental will give you a VISA gift that will give you $80 back in a set of 4 and $40 back on 2 tires.

Dunlop Direzza Star Specs pwn most tires for the price and performance. The Hankook RS3 is also very close. In most street tire classes at SCCA Nationals,you will see star specs or RS3's...

Hankook V12 Evos are what you need to meet your needs. Order a set by Nov 30th as they are offering an $80 rebate.

I work at discount tire and a lot people like the potenzas and the hankook ventus v12 which i have owned both and both are pretty solid, grippy tires, but you cant beat the bang for your buck like you do with the v12s. i will be getting these for years to come!!

Back