Best oil to use for fully built MSP engine?

depends on what you like really i've tried mobile one on my car and none of my motors seemed to like it me and a friend of mine use castrol syntec

Ive personally tried Mobil 1 Synthetic and Royal Purple Synthetic on different vehicle for years (I currently use Mobil 1). Depending on how you drive, I changed my oil every 3k to 4k miles on my previous MSP and every 6k miles on the wife's Jeep Commander and Ford Ranger. The MSP ran strong up to 75k miles using Royal Purple before she was totalled, and the Jeep is at 85k miles using Mobil 1 and still runs like a champ. Ranger is at 140k miles using Mobil 1, still runs great as well.

I ment like 5w30 or 0w50. I've herd people switch to 0w50 on fully built motors

Oil is not just oil, different oil is meant for different applications. I've been running Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 and Mobil 1 0w30 at 10,000 km's and Amsoil 0w30 at 15,000km's and I have 175,000 km's on my car with NO issues due to oil. I don't even burn a 1/4 quart of oil per 15,000km oil change. I would never do that with conventional (maybe 10,000km max with Pennzoil) so when you really think about it oil isn't just oil......... ;)

Fully built implies a machine shop was involved, was it? If so, they may be able to give you a recommendation depending on whether they changed any important tolerances.

Well yes a machine shop was involved and they did everything to spec. It's already been broken in on cheap 5w30. I think I'm just gonna stick with 5w30 or 5w40

Stick with synthetic. No matter what brand, even the cheapest full synthetic is better than the most expensive conventional oil. Synthetic has higher lubricity and maintains that high lubricity longer. Plus, they are often mixed with better detergents that keep your engine clean.

oil is not just oil!!! the best oils out there for a fully built motor are one of the following... amsoil, royal purple or Redline. definetly use synthetic and change it every 3000mi on a built motor no questions asked!!! 5w-30 is the perfect weight. these oils have the best qualities and have been tested... WARNING!!!!!! --- MOBIL 1 SHOULD NEVER BE USED IN A BUILT TURBO MOTOR!!!!!! MOBIL 1 BREAKS DOWN TOO QUICKLY FOR A TURBO MOTOR!!!! STOCK MOTORS ARE OK BUT STILL WOULDNT USE MOBIL 1 IN A TURBO THEY GET TOO HOT FOR THE OIL!!!!! thats my two cents..

Ya I have a fully built motor fully built head. I just got it broken in gettin ready to install bigger injectors and start tuning. It's a daily driver and Michigan weather sucks so I'm just seeing what other people in my situation use.

Ya I have a fully built motor fully built head. I just got it broken in gettin ready to install bigger injectors and start tuning. It's a daily driver and Michigan weather sucks so I'm just seeing what other people in my situation use.
Are you running the stock injectors (INP-78 2/3) with the built motor and head?

Back