Best Monday ever!! I'm a DAD!!

flatlander937

:
'11 Mazda2 Sport
Haven't been on here in a while... finally got some time to share the good news though... my wife gave birth to our son Levi this last Monday at 5:14pm... I'm not going to go into the details but at the last minute she had to have an emergency C-section... we went into the operating room and I sat by my wife the whole time.... I've never felt a joy come over me like the moment when they pulled our son out and we got to hear him scream for the first time. He weighed in at 7lbs 2.5oz and 21in long... healthy as can be. We are so thankful to be as lucky as we are.

My wife is recovering very well, she is just a bit sore all over but otherwise is in fantastic shape. Her mom is here visiting from VA Beach and has been a tremendous help in just keeping up with all the stuff going on, especially since we are new home-owners as well(as of a couple months ago).

Anyway, here are some pics to share...

My beautiful wife Shaynea with Levi:

DSCF3195.jpg

DSCF3191.jpg

DSCF3189.jpg

Here he is ready to go in the back of my 3:

DSCF3205.jpg

Race-car clothes!!!

DSCF3212-1.jpg

One of our cats supervising a diaper change. It's been really fun, they have both been very protective of him... not ever trying to get close or anything, but when he starts fussing or crying they come out and watch him or start meowing to try and wake us up.

DSCF3216.jpg

DSCF3199.jpg

Here I am, proud as can be:

DSCF3218.jpg

He makes the same angry/poop face that I do:

DSCF3193.jpg

He's been really good so far, he has been sleeping 4-5hrs at a time. We've been told we should feed him every 2-3 but he is a super heavy sleeper... I was apparently the same way when I was a baby which is awesome.

I've just been bursting at the seams with joy... I had to share.(silly)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! Like you said, there is nothing in the world like being in the room when your child is born!! Great to hear that everyong is doing well.

Back