Best headunit that has D MASK+ (revolving faceplate) feature?

RX

Contributor
:
Sunlight Silver MSP
The ribbon in my stock headunit went bad so I made the mistake of bringing it to the stealership where they replaced it with another newer Kenwood receiver. The thing I like miss most about the KDC-MP919 is the self-hiding faceplate (to deter thieves). Anyone know what current Kenwood models or other brands offer this feature?

D MASK+ Self-Hiding Motorized Removable Faceplate with Carrying Case
Improved version of Kenwood's exclusive MASK technology. When the power is turned off, the unit's faceplate automatically revolves away from the unit and stops, allowing the user to remove the faceplate. If the faceplate isn't removed after a user-determined amount of time, it continues to revolve the rest the way over until it locks with its blank rear panel exposed. The blank panel disguises the presence of the unit and eliminates the chance of losing a removable faceplate. The CD loading slot is behind the faceplate, allowing a larger LCD display containing more information that's easier to read.
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Support/Glossary/

None. Kenwood only offered it for 1 or 2 model years and then stopped. The rotating/hiding faceplate tended to destroy the ribbon cables (never seen that before, lol) Most other manufacturers are also not doing the motorized faceplates anymore for the same reason.

Back