Best gas mileage I've ever had . . .

Driving on the highway I set the cruise control @ 125 kph (I'm in Canada) . . . travelled approx 600 km (there & back) and got my best gas mileage (is their such a word as "kilometerage"???) ever . . . 9.55 ltr/100km. I slowed down a few times as I passed through towns.

That's the payback for staying out of the boost!

cheers.

Translation for all of us Americans:

Driving on the highway I set the cruise control @ 77 mph (I'm in the cold white country to the north) . . . travelled approx 373 miles (there & back, uphill both ways) and got my best gas mileage (is their such a word as "kilometerage"??? (metric system fail)) ever . . .24.6mpg . I slowed down a few times as I passed through small villages on the tundra.

That's the payback for staying out of the boost!

cheers.

:)

Well, in my MSP6 I'm lucky to break 20mpg...... 24.6mpg is pretty good. I've squeeked 26mpg by driving like a granny.

Translation for the Canuck:
Well, in my MSP6 I'm lucky to break 11.6L/100km...... 9.55L/100km is pretty good. I've squeeked 9.0 by driving like a granny ey?

I'm bored at work. can you tell?

The best I've averaged on a tank was just under 27 mpg. I usually see between 23 and 24 mpg and that's with a little spirited driving thrown in for good measure.

I used an economy 91-map via the Cobb AP a couple of weeks ago to drive five hours to my hometown. I stayed at 75mph on the interstate, with a couple of stops on the way for food and restroom. I got 39.1 miles per gallon average for the round trip. I'm no hyper-miler or anything like that, so don't accuse me of that kind of sillyness!

While the Cobb AP is huge for performance, it also is fantastic for economy as well. With my tuned power map I usually get 25 city and 32-34 highway. The extra 5-7 mpg are welcome to me!

I used an economy 91-map via the Cobb AP a couple of weeks ago to drive five hours to my hometown. I stayed at 75mph on the interstate, with a couple of stops on the way for food and restroom. I got 39.1 miles per gallon average for the round trip. I'm no hyper-miler or anything like that, so don't accuse me of that kind of sillyness!

While the Cobb AP is huge for performance, it also is fantastic for economy as well. With my tuned power map I usually get 25 city and 32-34 highway. The extra 5-7 mpg are welcome to me!

damn id reallly like to see that.
not doubting you but i wanna see a ms6 get 39

damn id reallly like to see that.
not doubting you but i wanna see a ms6 get 39

All interstate highway miles with only the fan on (no A/C). Draft behind other cars where you can, which is easier than you think. Make sure your tires are inflated to the highest safe rating they can be.

you forgot the get a AP part lol

Well, yea! Honestly, I think the AP is a fantastic investment. I think over the year I've had it even with my performance map on I've probably at least paid for half of the upfront cost of the AP with better gas mileage.

Wow, that is awesome fuel economy. The best mileage I have got with the stock tune is 27mpg and that was pretty much all highway. I might have to invest in a Cobb AP down the road when I free up some cash.

Sweet, now i'm all exited. I'm picking up an AP in the next few days and i can't wait to try it out. I usually get in the 27ish MPG on the highway here in Alberta. I'll have to try out this economy map, i'm guessing there is a huge sacrifice in performance though if it can increase the millage by 10+MPG.

Does anyone know what mileage you get with the AP base stage 1 +91 map?

i got 37 mpg on my way to Myrtle Beach.. it amazing what the AP can do..but then i can also get 14 miles to the gallon with my other tune hahahaha..

Last edited:
In the summer with a MSCAI and a MSCBE on my stubby MS3 not a sleek MS6, I regularly get 30+ mpg on the interstate at 71MPH cruise control, 39mpg sure would be nice though!!

I averaged 27mpg to and from North carolina and michigan. cruise set at 65 most of the way car had 3 passengers and loaded full of luggage.

I dont remember my gas mileage being affected when i had the cobb ap awhile ago (never tried fuel economy map)

I just got another cobb ap yesterday so i might experiment with it. never thought people would be getting into the 30s!

I averaged 27mpg to and from North carolina and michigan. cruise set at 65 most of the way car had 3 passengers and loaded full of luggage.

I dont remember my gas mileage being affected when i had the cobb ap awhile ago (never tried fuel economy map)

I just got another cobb ap yesterday so i might experiment with it. never thought people would be getting into the 30s!

With a slightly modified OTS map (Stage2 93 +TMIC) I pretty consistently would hit 32 mpg on the highway. Huge gains (39 mpg) were seen with the economy map.

Back