Bailed on the MS3

TheDutchGun

:
2006 Ford Mustang GT
So after 2 months since I put my deposit down, I decided to bail out on the MS3. I needed a new car now so I picked up a 2006 Mustang GT. To be honest I'm a little annoyed at Mazda Canada for dragging their asses on releasing the price and other info like that. Oh well, picking up the Mustang Friday at 5.

That's too bad, but I did the same thing as you, I wanted to get the MS3 but I was so sick of waiting for it so I bought the MS6

ottawaP5 said:
That's too bad, but I did the same thing as you, I wanted to get the MS3 but I was so sick of waiting for it so I bought the MS6

ditto(ughdance)

TheDutchGun said:
So after 2 months since I put my deposit down, I decided to bail out on the MS3. I needed a new car now so I picked up a 2006 Mustang GT. To be honest I'm a little annoyed at Mazda Canada for dragging their asses on releasing the price and other info like that. Oh well, picking up the Mustang Friday at 5.

Hey man, let us know how you like the stang, I'm afraid to drive one, cuz I know I'll buy it!

mirt said:
Hey man, let us know how you like the stang, I'm afraid to drive one, cuz I know I'll buy it!

Yeah I was definitely sold on the test drive. The pull on it is ridiculous. I'll post a couple pics this weekend. I pick it up friday but I'll need a few days to get the smile off my face and get rid of the boner I'm sure I'll have.

The new Mustang is great car. You won't get the same driving dynamics as the MS3, but a great looking car with lots of power. If I could afford a 3rd car as a toy I would have one too. However Canadian winters and Mustangs are a thing of the past for me. Can't wait to try out the CX-7 in a snow storm :)

Congrats on getting the Stang. The styling is a little chuny for my tastes (same goes for the MS3) but there is no denying the Go power. I think you're gunna like it.

and oh yeah:

RWD Stang > FWD MS3

Donas64 said:
Congrats on getting the Stang. The styling is a little chuny for my tastes (same goes for the MS3) but there is no denying the Go power. I think you're gunna like it.

and oh yeah:

RWD Stang > FWD MS3

Agreed

Donas64 said:
Doh!

BLIZZAKS TO THE RESCUE!

To be perfectly honest, I don't think even Blizzaks can help a Mustang in the snow. Better to take the money that you'd spend on Blizzaks and get a pos Geo Metro to drive in the winter. :D

goldwing2000 said:
To be perfectly honest, I don't think even Blizzaks can help a Mustang in the snow. Better to take the money that you'd spend on Blizzaks and get a pos Geo Metro to drive in the winter. :D

I'm not too worried about it. I drove an '85 GT mustang through a winter and the technology back then was not what it is now. Although that car had about 100 less horsepower.......... I work with my roommate and he has an MSP so he can drive all winter.

Mazda3 said:
The new Mustang is great car. You won't get the same driving dynamics as the MS3, but a great looking car with lots of power. If I could afford a 3rd car as a toy I would have one too. However Canadian winters and Mustangs are a thing of the past for me. Can't wait to try out the CX-7 in a snow storm :)

I can't wait to try out the MS6 in a snow storm :)

TheDutchGun said:
I'm not too worried about it. I drove an '85 GT mustang through a winter and the technology back then was not what it is now. Although that car had about 100 less horsepower.......... I work with my roommate and he has an MSP so he can drive all winter.

I've learned to be patient with Mazda after waiting a year for my MS6. With your purchase of the Stang I have now regained my crown as Ottawas most anxious Mazda purchaser....LOL!

R

Last edited:
Rainman said:
I've learned to be patient with Mazda after waiting a year for my MS6. With your purchase of the Stang I have now regained my crown as Ottawas most anxious Mazda purchaser....LOL!

R

haha yeah. I actually had to argue with Bank st. Mazda to get my Deposit back even though it said refundable right on the receipt. The guy tried to convince me to just buy a Mazda 3. I like them and everything but I wasn't exactly in the market for a 160 hp car.

Congrats and nice choice. I too was holding off on my STI trade for one, but then realized I could be waiting too long, while my STI depreciates, because I REFUSE to pay much over invoice for any car, no matter how much I like it. I pulled the trigger on an MS6, after exploring many cars such as the Mustang GT, Legacy GT, and the GTO. The GTO was by far the most impressive powerwise, and they had super deals going on, and I almost pulled the trigger because the car was simply stunning with that Ls2 Corvette engine in it, All the RWD cars got eliminated, because I need something better for the rough winters here, so I took the best deal. The Mustang GT is a great value for the money, so you did well. Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Back