bad idle stalling

jumaaneface

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege black mica
So I've had my msp for about 4 months now and is daily driven. Since I got the car, I've had some idle issues among other things.

When cold start idle holds at 1500rpm and slowly decreases down to around 600rpm I believe. Noticed some bucking in 2nd and 1st gear when easing of the accelerator. Replaced spark plugs/ignition coils/vacuum lines from wga, bpv, boost gauge/replaced wga (haven't reset ecu yet and im seeing fuel cut today)/all intercooler pipes and intercooler/accessory belts/egr valve.

Still having the issue. If anything seems to be slightly worse since installing a sri and having to fob up a recirc for the bpv.

So question: what else could be the issue? I currently don't have a wideband so im unsure of the afrs.

Second thing I should mention a few months ago before I replaced the egr I got a few codes. One for the egr one for vtcs solenoid and one for downstream o2 sensor. After replacing the egr all the other codes disappeared and haven't come back but the idle issue had stayed. Haven't had a chance to check my manifold yet but could it be a cracked exhaust mani? My mpg had decreased slightly around town as I niw average 280~ to a full tank of gas so roughly 25mpg. Dying maf or o2 maybe? Wouldn't those 2 things throw codes?

Seems to only stall when load is removed from the engine after a semi quick acceleration ie: city stoplight maneuvering.

Sorry for the long post but I'm at a loss and would really like to enjoy driving it on a regular basis instead of always feathering the throttle for fear of stalling all the time.

I am having basically the same problem right now and unfortunately I don't have an answer. Perhaps I can provide a little more info though.

A few months back I got a CEL for a bad O2 sensor, which I replaced (upstream). It ran fine for a few months, and then all of a sudden I started loosing a little power 2-8 minutes into a drive, then it would be normal, except for coming to a stop. When I let the engine idle, like in neutral or at a stop light, the RPMs hover at 800 for a brief second and then drop to almost nothing. The car runs really rough and right before it dies it goes back to normal for a second. It never actually dies, but the RPMs dip very low continually. I got another CEL for the O2 sensor, so I got a replacement again. The problem is still there! The CEL actually came on for the second time when I was 400 miles away, and I drove home like that and have never gotten worse gas mileage.

If you have any other ideas or you figure out what's causing your problem, please let me know, and I'll be sure to do the same. Thanks!

Back