Bad idle, lean mixture, other typical problems...

Nc MSP

:
2003 MazdaSPEED Protege
all these problem threads with the protege bad idle and how many different things can fix it and i think i just confirmed the real fix....after changing coils, plugs, wires, cleaning egr, buying ssafc and all the other stuff people tell you to change, try changing the wastegate with the atp...just got mine done today and so far no cel, no lean mixture, no more bad idle. lets hope the codes stay away. ill keep yall posted.

I think thats the next step , cant find my vaccum leak , my car is idling like s*** but runs fine under normal driving and under boost.

maybe....are you throwing any codes?....take off the vac line from the wastegate at the bypass valve and blow in it and if you hear the wastegate leaking air then theres your problem....let me know if that is the problem

Just tried to blow the vac line that goes to the actuator couldnt blow air thru... all my vaccum lines are changed everything seems tight , im reading -12 on my aem gauge. oh yeah I did say it was running fine under boost , but now my boost just started to vary under wot between 6 and 9 , maybe I should just start by changing the actuator.

Back