Backfire at WOT

:
Cosmic Blue MS3
I'm assuiming it was boost cut, no cel or anything. Runs and drives fine just kinda startled me at first. Anybody have any different ideas?

if you open up that exhaust the major richness of these cars will back fire. mine does it. its kinda cool. lol. it makes me laugh anyways.

I have ets top mount, cpe cold air and tbe exhaust with high flow no muffler. I know it will backfire when you shift, this was when I was on the gas and it kinda stuttered when it did it.

There are two kinds of backfire; if you are running rich, unburnt gas can build up in your exhaust and pop when the mixture gets right. This almost never happens in a car with CATs.

Much more common is a lean backfire and indicates a significant problem somewhere which can damage your engine.

Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-fire

Mine backfires too...really loud. But I have fueling issues...though I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

It happens when I shift gears as I press the clutch and let off the gas...POW!!!!

Mine will do that, that is because it runs really rich. I figured by the same logic that when it did it when I was flooring it that it could have been boost cut because that would make it dump fuel and cause a small backfire. I could be wrong.

There are two kinds of backfire; if you are running rich, unburnt gas can build up in your exhaust and pop when the mixture gets right. This almost never happens in a car with CATs.

I even have a high-flow catalytic in my DP... I wonder if the backfiring rule still applies to high-flow cats?

Yes

Much more common is a lean backfire and indicates a significant problem somewhere which can damage your engine.

Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back-fire
Careful, people you hope its rich . Better to wideband it now.

I even have a high-flow catalytic in my DP... I wonder if the backfiring rule still applies to high-flow cats?

I get the exact same thing. Really loud POP or whatever sound randomly but seems to happen most after a shift. I have a high flow cat too. Intake/TBE only power mods

Weird... Sometimes its so loud, I think the cat must have split in two or three... (lol2)

I would really like to know what backfiring does to the O2 sensors and turbo exhaust impeller... There has to be some kind of sound/pressure waves traveling back toward the engine... (huh)

put a spark plug on the tip of your exhaust.. let that baby ignite.. that will show you just how riche you are running.. plus 3 foot flames are cool.... lol

i assume for the hole spark plug deal to work you have to have some kind of power source correct?

haha hey how can we make the flame different colors like in the movies???? haha jk that would be taking it to far haha

Back