AXR Clunk Bracket Review

Heres a few pics, of both sides.

The squeaking is the bushings themselves. Theres plenty of grease, but as the suspension flexes, the bushings are rotating and rubbing against the sway bar. Its very very loud. (rant)

Attachments

• Clunk Bracket 1.jpg
    Clunk Bracket 1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Clunk Bracket 2.jpg
    Clunk Bracket 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Clunk Bracket 3.jpg
    Clunk Bracket 3.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 155
  • Clunk Bracket 4.jpg
    Clunk Bracket 4.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 152
so it just moves the bushing to the outer edge of the sway bar? this is all that is needed? can both the stock mounts and the squeak fix be used together?

so it just moves the bushing to the outer edge of the sway bar? this is all that is needed? can both the stock mounts and the squeak fix be used together?

No they cannot! The pivot will be incorrect! Pull the original stuff out and put it away.

367 (mp3yellow

Heres a few pics, of both sides.

The squeaking is the bushings themselves. Theres plenty of grease, but as the suspension flexes, the bushings are rotating and rubbing against the sway bar. Its very very loud. (rant)

Are the 2 clamps too close (pushing hard) against the rubber? Are you perfectly centered with the 2 clamps?

Now that you have it assembled, squirt in more grease.

367 (mp3yellow

did you also grease where the bushing meets the AXR bracket? this is over looked by many and it will squeak badly if not lubed.

ive had my clunk kit for a long time now. and learned what causes the ungodly squeeking ( in my case anyway).

over time the bushings get worn in and since they are 20mm bushings they fit good when new. once broken in/worn they will be loose no matter what. greasing the bushings will only stop the squeek temporarily. it will come back once it washes out and whatnot. my car made horrible popping and squeeking noises. it was annoying. so i went underneath my car and was able to physically move my swaybar in the bushings a little bit and simulate the knocking noise.

so i order new bushings on energy suspension. you can get them at auto part stores too. but i ordered the 19mm bushings so they would fit super tight and once broken in, still fit tight. to this day i have not had any problems and i installed them around 5 months ago. i also ordered the tub of formula 5 grease. its the best kind for the bushings. everything has been dead silent and on point since redoing the bushings. very very pleased. so that is my fix for the deadly clunk and squeek. I highly recommend it.

all the other parts on the kit are awesome. def a must have if your into suspension.

Are the 2 clamps too close (pushing hard) against the rubber? Are you perfectly centered with the 2 clamps?

Now that you have it assembled, squirt in more grease.

367 (mp3yellow

I didnt install it myself, had the shop that did my new exhaust do it. I havent had a chance to take it back up there yet for them to look at it, but regreasing every 2 weeks isnt going to be a viable solution for me.

I may look into the 19mm bushing fix. Im not a big susp guy, I just want to drive a quiet car.

Back