Awesome Motorsports Pictures & Videos

What camera were you using?

I'm just using a standard Canon Camcorder with an Ebay wide angle lens on the front of it. It's mounted on an IO-port roll cage mount which does a good job of isolating it from vibrations.
My friend was using a Go-Pro camera this weekend with a suction cup mount and it was nice for doing a lot of cool shots like on the door looking at the tire, on the roof, trunk, wherever. If I were looking now I'd probably get that type of camera for track use.

I would be afraid to hang that much money from my door. Hell, I can't even get the GPS to stay on the windshield under normal driving...

You run with the NORA boys? I'd love to make it up for the smack down event but I want to make sure I have enough tire to finish the season out...
yeah. I hardly consider NEOhio as a viable SCCA organization, and a 2+ hour trip to OVR/NWOR/SCR is too much driving for 3-4 runs (let's not even mention the additional costs!)
For an average event we'll get 6-7 runs, sometimes split between 2 courses, and be done and getting a drink by 3pm! (cheers)

You're worried about your tires lasting?
"Budget Racing" goes right up there with "Military Intelligence" and "Fiscally Responsible Government"...

You run with the NORA boys? I'd love to make it up for the smack down event but I want to make sure I have enough tire to finish the season out...

I don't autocross much anymore, but I make it out a couple times a year. The events are very well run and the courses are relatively fast and entertaining now that they have the big lot. The smackdown event will probably go a little later than a normal one because of the added competitors so you won't be done by 3.
You will get 6 or 7 runs, but its asphalt instead of concrete so its not horibbly abrasive.

I would be afraid to hang that much money from my door. Hell, I can't even get the GPS to stay on the windshield under normal driving...

Theyre on'y liek 160 bucks.... plus i had one mounted on my front bumper once for autocross, off the the right hand side, pegged it with a cone and it was still good. even if it did happen to fly off they are surrounded by a plastic casing that can deal with some heavy impact.

SM76--

nice to see the msp in action. you know i've always loved your car, i dream of trying it on the track!! haha :]

Nice vid Bill, learned a little more from the in car video to use next month. We should have a good group, as Niles will have the BMW done.

Finally have some pictures to post:
592073871_t22nY-X3_1280.jpg

592074167_oTDnD-O_1280.jpg

592075296_Vq3qt-O_1280.jpg

Where and when is your next event with NASA?
Not sure. I'm going to miss August due to my honeymoon, but might make the September and October events at Gingerman and Putnam Park. Going to the track was a lower priority this year because I am working fulltime and going to Law School at night year round. I'm hoping to do more next year and will definitely be back on a full schedule in 2011 when the NASA Championships comes back to MidOhio.

Looking good Bill, glad to see you out at the track again.

Video from an event in May:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyfRM5qO8Hs

I just got around to watching this because I can't get to youtube at work. Looked like fun.

Is that a GoPro? I need to get something with a suction base for some other viewpoints. I like the internal shots for critiquing myself, but the external shots are fun (and can be usedfull when watching the suspension).

Back