Avoided ticket today?

simdrew

:
2003 Mazda Protege
I was going about 90 in a 70 and hit the brakes too late when I saw a speed trap. It was a bit before the cop turned around and got on the expressway to follow me. He didn't have his lights and siren on yet so I took the lead time to get off at the next exit and drive around some side streets. I assume if he didn't get my license then I may be home free. Guess I'll be watching the mail. :cool:

LOL

I'm a CJ major and I believe you are home free... i've NEVER heard of Michigan State Police, or any agency for that matter, MAIL a speeding ticket. You could fight it and win easily.
Its VERY VERY hard to see a plate at a distance. How close did he get to you?

Major highway? I've seen big traps on I96 near Brighton and Det

You have nothing to worry about, they can't issue you a moving violation without knowing who was behind the wheel. A moving violation has to go to a specific driver and against his/her license..... The only time they can mail you a ticket is :

1) you drove through a red light at a photo controlled intersection

2) you were stopped and given a ticket and the officer needed to add,
delete or change information on the citation

pdhaudio83 said:
LOL

I'm a CJ major and I believe you are home free... i've NEVER heard of Michigan State Police, or any agency for that matter, MAIL a speeding ticket. You could fight it and win easily.
Its VERY VERY hard to see a plate at a distance. How close did he get to you?

Major highway? I've seen big traps on I96 near Brighton and Det
After I passed him, he never got closer than a half a mile again. There's normally not a trap there. He would have to had seen it right after I passed him.

you're fine :)

i had the same thing earlier this year... at NIGHT.... but he hit me with his spotlight, i got off, he had to wait to get on the highway, and i was cited for going my speed 82/70

I've gotten away from a couple officers that I thought were after me by getting on or off the expressway. One time, the cop asked me "where did you think you were going? were you trying to run away from me?" I said "No, I was just getting on the off-ramp so that we were out of the way of traffic!" I got the ticket, but didn't get into any other kind of trouble.

i had a friend who ran once...he was cruisin in his 300Z at about 100 in a 65, he saw the cop, downshifted and ran it up to like 130-140, got off at the next exit, pulled behind a building and hung out there for like an hour. never got a ticket.

simdrew said:
I was going about 90 in a 70 and hit the brakes too late when I saw a speed trap. It was a bit before the cop turned around and got on the expressway to follow me. He didn't have his lights and siren on yet so I took the lead time to get off at the next exit and drive around some side streets. I assume if he didn't get my license then I may be home free. Guess I'll be watching the mail. :cool:
this has happened to me a couple times......jetting off the highway after flying by a policeman/trooper. figure if i don't see lights and if they don't get out fast, i have a pretty good chance to get off and aviod ticket.....

Last edited:
Back