Auxmod issue?

Phatbungo

:
'06 Mazda 3
Not sure if anyone else ran into this problem, but i think it just may be a cold solder joint on the auxmod board or the jack is messed up but...
When ever i hit a small bump or anything like that my audio lowers on the right side of the car, also you hear like a little popping noise/scrathing noise through the speaker when you turn the volume up. Now this only happens when using the media (auxmod). Anyone else have this issue? Its an 06 3.

Due to the way the auxmod mounts, it might be that the double sided tape has come loose and it is not making full contact with the jack in there. Have you pulled your radio out and checked to make sure the mod is fully seated??

Zc

auxmod

I haven't had a single issue with mine. Like zero cool said pull the HU and see if the Aux Mod is seated properly. also make sure the HU wiring harness is in all the way.

by "lowered on the right side" do you mean that the right side speakers get quieter? Also what is your audio source? If you're running something in through a headphone jack make sure the plug is all the way in as that could reduce sound to one side. I used to have that problem with an FM transmitter. The rubber around the plug was square and would run into the mp3 player's casing and not let the plug sit in all the way.

My input is rca's from my sirius starbase into the auxmod. The wire is wiretired to the headunit so that it can not pull out. By lighter on right side, i can hear it but you can hear the majority of the amplified sound on the left hand side and then kick back in, but if you lean over you can still hear it faintly. well before i tear this thing apart again, i was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. I will check the tape due to heat it may of come off, but if it was disconnecting i would think it would flake out and kick off completely, but i will check.

at one point my audio was all coming out of the driver side. I took the stereo out and my cable going from my ipod to the auxmod had come out of the auxmod slightly. I just stuck it back in all the way and that was that

Hmmmm, interesting. Do you charge your player while you're listening to it? If you don't then you most likely won't need the GLI anyway. If it's broke you could always see if they'll replace it.

Back