Autoxin questions

protege02

:
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
i think scott told me yesterday, but im just making sure. first, how do i sign up for it(i did it a couple of years ago, but im not sure if it's on soloatlanta, or the other website that i can't remember? what class would the spec be in as is right now, stock with eibach pro kit springs. is anyone else running in this class because i would rather compete against one of you guys? also, what class would it be in if it were to have just header and exhaust, and is anyone running in that class? if i would have to add an intake or something else to join someone else's class then i wouldn't mind doing that. i have an intake, but it's not installed right now for pre cat issues. thanks for the info and replying.

There will be links on SoloAtlanta.com once registration is open, but actual registration takes place on DLBRacing.com.

Does the Spec V have an LSD? If not, it's STS. If so, it's STX. Header and exhaust without removing the cat is still an ST* class, I believe. If the cat is removed, you'd be in *SP. I don't know which street prepared class it falls into, though. Cat-back exhaust doesn't affect classing at all (it's legal in stock), and the intake is legal for any class other than stock, assuming that you didn't have to cut any holes or remove anything other than the stock intake to install it.

If at all possible, you'd probably want to stay in an ST* class so you can be competitive on street tires. Anything else, and you're going to be going against cars on R-compounds.

BTW, I was the guy in the driver's seat of the Jeep when you were talking to Scott.

Last edited:
Any more details of the car? Engine size? What kind of diff? Right now, it sounds like STS or STX.

Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V is a 2.5L 4-cyl. I *think* an LSD was optional.

BTW, Muff, you can change your location back now.

Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V is a 2.5L 4-cyl. I *think* an LSD was optional.

BTW, Muff, you can change your location back now.

oh right, totally forgot. STS has a 3.1L naturally aspirated limit, so it comes down to the diff. If it's an open or viscous LSD, you're STS legal, anything else and you'd be STX

SE-R SpecV came with the helical LSD. It was optional on just the SE-R model.

2.5L NA. Stock class is DS.

Any of the above mods bumps it to STX, except cat back which is legal for DS.

Springs, intake, header - all move the car to STX.

i guess i'll run in stx with i/h/e and go from there. on the sentra forums, they said that the stock class is ds, which is pretty crazy to me. i think that's with the wrx's, type r's, and so on. anyone on here running in that class? and thanks for the info.

that's the correct stock class, and it's basically going to be the same suspects in STX ;)

i guess i'll run in stx with i/h/e and go from there. on the sentra forums, they said that the stock class is ds, which is pretty crazy to me. i think that's with the wrx's, type r's, and so on. anyone on here running in that class? and thanks for the info.

You say that but a SpecV trophied at Nationals last year. The SpecV was designed by Nissan with the intention of competing directly with the TypeR. That was their goal in mind when they came up with the design for the B15.

Actually now that I think about it may have been moved to GS.....

Yep, GS is the stock class:

http://scca.org/documents/resultfiles/5632_Final Results 11.14.pdf

T10 53 Eric Kriemelmeyer 2003 Nissan Spec-V Hoosier Washington 51.851(1) 49.554 49.150 94.730
Pomfret, MD Autocrossers Inc. NE 46.929(1) 52.485(4) 45.580 (0.083

i figured that, but oh well, i'll just use i/h/e and have fun from there, but thanks for all the info.

Back