AutoVation Tech. Competition Machined Pedals

bbrich57

:
2004 Mazda3 HB
I put this under appearance , but these have a practical use too.
Spotted in Manor, Texas, this afternoon in Virgin1.... the new AutoVation Competition Machined pedals are installed!!! Yeah!! :D :D :D
I hope you like. I think they look GREAT... and they have a really great solid feel too.

Interior.1.5x2.02.JPG

AutoVationPedals-1.5x2.03.JPG

AutoVationPedals-1.5x2.04.JPG

Last edited:
tsunami said:
very nice...
Thank you, Tsunami!! I was beginning to wonder if anyone, besides me of course, liked these or saw this post. And you are the first to say something nice about them too. Thank you!! Thank you very much! (I'm not WORTHY!!! (thumb) )

tphskab said:
your shift knob is crooked ;)
Yeah! So? And you're point would be...? (poke) You got a lot of nerve for someone who is in a band and doesn't know what "gels" are.... (thumb) :) (thumb) :) (thumb)

edit: OK, Phil. Now the serious answer. I tried it and liked it.

As for how they attach GW, the short answer is with GREAT difficulty. :)
The dead and gas pedals attach w/ self-tapping phillips head screws. No biggy. The clutch and brake w/socket head cap screws and nylon locking nuts... and are they a BEAR to get in there. But the results are worth it, I think. A well made and nice product.

Last edited:
how does the dead pedal attatch with screws?? Theres like 6" of styrofoam behind there. I tried to mount one there and found that out by pulling the carpet back. I ended up just sticking some velcro on the back of it and it sticks to the carpet great. lol

mazda3zoom said:
how does the dead pedal attatch with screws?? Theres like 6" of styrofoam behind there. I tried to mount one there and found that out by pulling the carpet back. I ended up just sticking some velcro on the back of it and it sticks to the carpet great. lol
Short screws. If you don't get too over zealous with the drill/driver or screw driver and CRANK them in trying to get them tight they will go through the carpet and into the styrofoam. Perhaps not the best solution, but it seems to work pretty well so far.

ZoomVT said:
they look good. how much were they?
The other Mazda forum site had a group buy in February w/a $15 coupon. Mine were $81.00 shipping in. I would expect $95.00 to be a little closer now. Still not bad really, considering what else is out there.

mazda3zoom- First of all I have seen your posts w/pic all over here and I like what you've done to your "3." It looks really tough, in my humble opinion.
Second, that is the darkest Winning Blue I have ever seen. Is it a repaint, a dark shot or PhotoShopped that way?
Also, your Velcro idea is a good one. Musicians that used to have the early digital effects "boxes" would do just that to attach it to an amp head that was carpeted. Same stinkin' carpet too. 'Pain in the ass to clean. But, I may just use that idea to suppliment mine, along with the screws. Thanks for the reminder!

Back