Auto to semi-auto?

iamjdm

:
02 Mazda Protege5
Is it possible to turn a straight auto to a semi auto on the protege5?

I'm so tired of shifting from 1 to 2 second and having no control on third and fourth.
Do I have to replace the transmission or can i just get the unit for the inside and just plug it up in place of the stock one?
Any comments would be appreciated.

man jesse you should stop shifting your auto like that or youll be replacing your transmission here soon.... and if your wanting to do a swap like that just do a 5 speed swap...

as long as you let off when it shifts you'll be fine.

use the OD button to limit to 3rd / 4th

man jesse you should stop shifting your auto like that or youll be replacing your transmission here soon.... and if your wanting to do a swap like that just do a 5 speed swap...

dude kyle my transmission is going anyways. Im looking into doing a 5 speed conversion but i need a better job to get the money.

I would have to cut threw the fire wall to put in the clutch anyways and i dont any anyone who would help me do the conversion lol

Plus im bad ass at shifting like that. It has lasted over a year with me shifting like that lol

as long as you let off when it shifts you'll be fine.

use the OD button to limit to 3rd / 4th

i dont have an o/d button i cut it out a while back and i currently have no shifter in my car...

it is a pain to shift in reverse and drive.
plus the no power steering lol

What i get bored and mess with my car and try to think of new things to do with it.
Im trying to find some one who has a grinder to cut my auto shifter in half.

bored bump.

Really no one knows for sure?
I just wanted to know if i could just the shifter in my car without changing the transmission.
I have searched for it but cant find it.

I've driven the auto, tiptronic, Pro5 manual and Mazdaspeed Pro.

Honestly you're not missing out on anything. If you're going to blow $$$ on a tranny, then go manual.

so i have to replace the tranny to use tiptronic? i cant just replace the still on the auto?

Back