ATP WGA guestion

bruster4_5

:
mazdaspeed protege'
ATP WGA guestion....too much boost???

ok so i got the wastgate on and on the way home from the shop i noticed it spikeing at 13psi. figured it was just adjusting. left to go to my girlfriends house and it still does it...its not brass like to one in the like below, but aluminum.

any ideas??

Last edited:
check the hoses to make sure it's not loose or off. That WGA is rated at I think 8 psi so unless you have a MBC or EBC and have it turned up you shouldn't be over boosting. Also did they remove the Mani to install the WGA? If so The mani or Turbo itself may be loose. I know when I start over boosting I need to check my bolts. either there getting loose or missing!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i installed it myself and didnt have to take off the mani. i dont have any type of boost controller. are u talking bout the hose that attaches to the WG?
check the hoses to make sure it's not loose or off. That WGA is rated at I think 8 psi so unless you have a MBC or EBC and have it turned up you shouldn't be over boosting. Also did they remove the Mani to install the WGA? If so The mani or Turbo itself may be loose. I know when I start over boosting I need to check my bolts. either there getting loose or missing!!

i installed it myself and didnt have to take off the mani. i dont have any type of boost controller. are u talking bout the hose that attaches to the WG?

Yes. If the vacuum line is unhooked then the turbo will boost infinitely and obviously overboost.

ill check first thing tomorrow. i know i cut the zip tie that was on it from factory so ill add that too

ok went back and checked the line to the wastegate and put the zip tie on and still same problem. any ideas where the problem would be

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-011B&Category_Code=WGT1

i have that one, and like you said its not bronze its actaully silver. its rated at 6psi, but i got 8psi out of it. its weird that from just swapping wastegates that now you are spiking 13 pounds... take a close look at the lines to make sure they are tight. and if you have the one listed above then you should have the right one. What were you boosting at with the old wastegate?

old wastegate was either 3psi 6-7psi and sometime 11psi. thats y i replaced it thinkin the diaphram was bad. that line to the wastegate was all i took off

Whoa!! You have a MASSIVE vacuum leak somewhere, which is pretty much equal to you unhooking the line off the WGA. That's kinda what I thought could be the problem, since you shouldn't be overboosting otherwise. Check ALL your vacuum lines, or just replace them all if you can't find it. Your vacuum should be 20-24 at idle, you're WAY off at 10 inHg.

Back