Ashtray Light

marineaulu

:
2004 Mazda 3 Sport GT
Anyone replaced the stock small bulb light which illuminates the interior of the ashtray (located inside/upward in ashtray)?

Would like to replace the small bulb by a blue led-type light.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I didnt change the bulb, but what I did is take out the ashtray and pop out the little red plastic piece. Then I got some clear tape and taped over where the plastic was. Then I got a blue sharpie and colored over the tape. it worked just fine

tphskab said:
I didnt change the bulb, but what I did is take out the ashtray and pop out the little red plastic piece. Then I got some clear tape and taped over where the plastic was. Then I got a blue sharpie and colored over the tape. it worked just fine

GHETTO... hahaha... thats great... if it works it works..... i personally like the red... but thats cause i got a black car... black+red=da sex!!! black+blue=da hurt....

tsunami said:
GHETTO... hahaha... thats great... if it works it works..... i personally like the red... but thats cause i got a black car... black+red=da sex!!! black+blue=da hurt....
yeah, I have white. all my other lighting is blue too. Ghetto, yes.......free, yes......gets the job done, yes. nobody will ever know the difference so it works for me!

Bulb

Actually, as I don't smoke, I did removed the ashtray compartment, which have that red plastic piece making the bulb lighting red.

So, without this compartment, the bulb lighting is plain white, which is kind of dull looking at night.

Just wonder what would be the option to get a blue light replacement.
i.e. cutting exising bulb connector and replace it with a blue led. But, not sure which blue led would fit in stock bulb fitting.

After looking at mine today, it looks like a 74 base bulb. Going to order one from superbrightleds and see if it fits.

Back