Are there any members with a HiBoosted 3?

Mace Windu

:
05 Mazda3s Velocity Red 4-door w/ MT, Spoiler, and Sport Pkg
Just wondering how many people have the kit and their experience with it.

braind805 and there are two more i think.... 626 something or other and king who i think has left the forum scene

You guys need to make some vids of your boosted 3's. I would like to see that.

what i'd be really interested in is how you (with the turbo'd kits) are dealing with your car's warranty

i'm skurrred of voiding the entire thing and have to go in cuz the alternator died and they tell me to go jump in a lake

xenon929 said:
Warranty is OUT the door.... :-(

What ya mean Warranty is OUT?

You have the same warranty as me.....The fix it yourself warranty! (drunk)

And I have the Hi-boost kit too.

Herb

keleko said:
what i'd be really interested in is how you (with the turbo'd kits) are dealing with your car's warranty

i'm skurrred of voiding the entire thing and have to go in cuz the alternator died and they tell me to go jump in a lake

If you're scared..then don't do it. period.

Nolimits said:
So about 10 people on the forums having a running car with the Hi-Boost kit, and maybe another 50 off the forums with blown motors :lol:

The "50" i havent heard of but i would be interested in knowing how they did it but i really dont know why your laughing. The Hi-Boost kit is going to take the 3's to crazy numbers.

Nolimits said:
Im not bashing the 3 at all, I think they produce great numbers with the turbo kits BUT what im sayin is, like for every success story ON the forum, there could be at least 1 or 2 OFF the forum having problems or even blowing their motor.

Reason is, people are afraid or even embarrassed to post "Hey, I got the Hiboost kit and something blew" for fear of either other members yelling at them for doing something wrong. Or they could even be ashamed that they spent all this money and blew something so they are gonna keep it to themselves.

A good way to judge is if the manufacturer is really cool, find out how many kits he sold, and compare it to how many people are on the forum posting about it.

Do you really think that everyone that mods a car will be on a forum? (hah)
I'm sure these forums only represent a very small percentage of modded Mazdas.
I don't see that being a good way to judge at all.

i really would like to get a hiboost kit but how does it work on the stock engine and tranny. i really wouldnt want to blow my engine b/c i dont make enought money, i wouldnt be able to get it for at least a year or 2 so maybe the mazdaspeed3 will come out but still i think i might want to go with the hi-boost...that thing is giving 3's great numbers from what ive read

illusis.... DON"T do it man!!! Your warranty WILL be out immediately thats 1 and 2 if you don't have money to play around with or credit cards with very high limits...don't do it. It is a continuous thing if you get a turbo you will have to spend more money on "other" necessary things and whatever happens wether related to the turbo or not you will be on "your own". So just wait untill you have a bit of cash and then do it. If you are planning on doing it and basically not eating for a week just to purchase the kit... Forget it.

Just my .2

In my opinion if you can't afford to buy and replace expensive broken parts you shouldn't even be thinking about moding the car.
Just enjoy it the way it is and feel comfort in knowing you are under warranty.

illusis.... DON"T do it man!!! Your warranty WILL be out immediately thats 1 and 2 if you don't have money to play around with or credit cards with very high limits...don't do it. It is a continuous thing if you get a turbo you will have to spend more money on "other" necessary things and whatever happens wether related to the turbo or not you will be on "your own". So just wait untill you have a bit of cash and then do it. If you are planning on doing it and basically not eating for a week just to purchase the kit... Forget it.

Just my .2

Listen to the man. I know.

Holly smokes! The last post of this thread was 1-30-2006!!!
Talk about bringin it from the dead!

My girlfriend just bought a new Civic Si and my car makes her jealous. Not that she'd ever admit it. Anyhow I was looking into turbos for her, and I was even going to pull the trigger (thus delaying the inevitable worthless $3k I'd spend on a worthless aesthetic stone and metal combination), but she is going to wait until her warranty period is up to modify her car. Until then she's putting away $50-100 a month and when she runs out of warranty she'll have a bunch of cash and buy everything all at once. If you're afraid of running into a warranty issue, do what she is. In the long run, you'll not have to put anything on credit, you'll have access to EVERYthing available instead of falling into the 'early adopter' pit of wanting something that came out after you adopted, and you won't have ever dealt with some bad warranty-voiding issue.

Back