Are 2003 P5 pillar tweeters already attenuated to block bass?

JLiRD808

:
2002 Protege5
Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a quick search but about 1,000 posts came up containing bass + tweeters (boom05)

I bought the OEM 2003 P5 pillar tweeters to put in my 2002. Just wondering if I need to set a hi-pass in my deck or put in bass blockers, etc.

TKX!!!
J

I know plenty of people who have ran an after market deck with the stock system for many years without any issues. And I do not believe there is dedicated wiring to the tweeters so I would imagine the tweeters have the filters built in.

This is a logical guess though, so take it with a grain of salt.

I know plenty of people who have ran an after market deck with the stock system for many years without any issues. And I do not believe there is dedicated wiring to the tweeters so I would imagine the tweeters have the filters built in.

This is a logical guess though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Based on that, it sounds like the front door speakers had a crossover that lead off to the tweeters probably?

I dont have the 2003...I bought the door-sail tweeter mounts separately, but havent plugged anything in yet. I'm now thinking I should just grab components & replace the tweeter in the sail, or mount the tweeters some other way as the sails aren't placed the best sonically anyways.

Did you use components in yours?

THX!

Latest posts

Back