April 22nd meet in Columbus, OH...Who's in?!?

Mazdaspeed989

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
MAY 20th meet in Columbus, OH...Who's in?!?

Check Later Posts for updated meet time/place

Here is the meeting spot:
Parking Lot in front of the stadium next to address:
1900 Cannon Dr
Columbus, OH

If you're coming from cincinnati check later posts to meet to drive to columbus

Last edited:
Mazdaspeed989 said:
Just trying to see if anyone is planning on showing up.

I was one who wanted to start planning this and now I wont even be able to make it. I wont be back from Dallas till the first week of May, but my bf will be with me and he has a silver MSP. We can plan another meet for May sometime if everyone wants to have another one. I wish I could be there, I didnt plan on staying for 5 weeks in Dallas- (shocked)but stuff happens...

well it doesn't look like you'll be missing anything, i don't think that the meet is going to happen, the spring game is that day so the area is going to be packed.

Alright-
Here's where we're at. Sat the 22nd is going to be packed in Columbus for the Buckeyes spring game as well as several people who would like to come cannot make it. So I'm thinking mid May. This gives us a several weeks to get some planning done. So lets hear some dates, what saturdays can people leave open for a meet?
I vote for the 13th or 20th. Just post your ideal date and we'll go w/ the majority
Again I think meeting by the stadium would be cool as far as getting some pictures but if anyone knows of a better location lets hear it.
I have yet to go to a meet and would really like to meet some of the other mazda people in the area/state so lets make sure we get this goin

you know you want this to happen so lets start seeing some interest...wake up ohio/kentucky/and anyone else who happens to be in the area!

I say the 20th of May. Adrian and I will be going to my moms house in Michigan from the 12- 19th I think..

Mazdaspeed989 said:
you know you want this to happen so lets start seeing some interest...wake up ohio/kentucky/and anyone else who happens to be in the area!
yeah I want to go, I like to meet some Mazda owners form the NEO

TRexPro5 said:
This might be something that gets me off my ass and clean up the car. I'll see about getting the day off work.

Gotta have some motivation right? Definetally see about getting off work and let us know. It's sounding like the 20th is gonna be the date.

Amy-
Find out for sure if you're going to be able to make it on the 20th, we'd love to see you and Adrian (bf?) there

There is a meet @ Mid-Ohio on May 19-21st, some Protege owners will be there as well as Mazda 3 owners too! There are some Mazda 6 coming up from Columbus.

Here is an event schedule:

mid ohio meet - schedule of events

Thursday, May 18

Meet Caravans
Hotel Check-In
Dinner @ Dave & Busters or Winking Lizard
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Friday, May 19

7am meet at Days Inn, Lake Ave, Lakewood
drive down to Mid Ohio for
todays highlights of SPEED World Challenge:
10:25am and 5:50pm - Practice SPEED WC Touring Car
10:50am and 6:15pm - Practice SPEED WC GT
after AM practice sessions will have Meet & Greet w/
Mazda 6 teams and crews of
Tindol Motorsports, Tri-Point and Protomotive
Saturday, May 20

6:30am meet at Days Inn, Lakewood
drive down to Mid Ohio
8:50am Qualifying SPEED WC Touring Car
9:15am Qualifying SPEED WC GT

Park Mazda Car Show in Wooster
11am 4pm
food will be provided: hot dogs, hamburgers, soda pop & water

4:05pm Star Mazda Series Race 45 mins
4:15pm Formula BMW USA Race #1 30 mins
6:05pm SPEED GT Round Four 50 mins
7:10pm Cooper Tire Championship Series Race #1 30 mins
Sunday, May 21

10:30am Formula BMW USA Race #2 30 mins
12:00pm American LeMans Race Round #3 2 hours 45 mins
3:15pm SPEED WC Touring Car Round Three 50 mins
4:20pm Cooper Tire Championship Series Race #2 30 mins

for full race schedule of events: www.world-challenge.com/events/eventschedule

There is a car show as well, at Park Mazda of Wooster, all Mazda's welcome, modded or not.

Well what do we think? Meet at Mid Ohio on the 20th? Whoever wants to can meet up/down in Columbus and drive together from there or just meet us there. Who's interested?

Mazdaspeed989 said:
Well what do we think? Meet at Mid Ohio on the 20th? Whoever wants to can meet up/down in Columbus and drive together from there or just meet us there. Who's interested?

sounds like a plan. as of right now we will be in town on the 20th lol

Mazdaspeed989 said:
haha no rest for the weary
It has been a busy past few weeks, with lots of traveling. Cincy to Chicago to Dallas, back to Cincy for a couple weeks starting next monday, then to Chicago to Michigan, back to Cincy, then to Dallas/Florida. Yay lol I am less than 100 miles away from breaking the 100k mark right now too

Wow...I think i just broke 23K...thats about a 7K a year average...i need to get out and drive more

So who else is in for this meet? and what do you want to do? meet in columbus and drive to Mid Ohio or just meet at Mid Ohio. Personally I think it would be fun to drive there as a group but lets hear what everyone is thinking

Back