Apexi Turbo Timer

:
2002 Protege 5
Hey everyone! Well my girlfriend got a Mazdaspeed Miata as a gift from her parents and since XMAS is coming up, I want to buy her an Apexi Turbo Timer. I understand that you need the TT(doh) & RX7 wiring harness. Now my question is, will the turbo timer work with the factory alarm? So, can she leave it idle, activate the alarm, and walk away? Or must she (I), rewire it so the alarm doesn't activate?

I forget, but what's the correlation with the emergency brake & turbo timer?

Thanks and I hope to get an answer soon since XMAS is right around the corner.

Last edited:
man, I wish I had parents like that. Here's "the" MazdaSpeedMiada forum. You'd probably find better luck there for MSM stuff.

I have the APEXi TT and I love it, its small and easy to use, easy to install and works great. Thats my review, now to answer your questions.

no you cant just arm the alarm or remote locks with the timer until you trick those sensors into thinking the car is off, easy to do and easily revesible, just requires cutting some wires and capping some off, basically after that you could arm the car even while you were driving it, not recommended. the parking brake feature is a nice simple security device. Say you leave your car running, counting down and leave it to go inside. some punk walks up on a running car and decides he wants to drive away in it, breaks a window unfortunately, and gets in only to have the car turn off as soon as he disengages the parking brake.

hey there and tell your girlfriend welcome to the club :)

www.mazda-speed.com is pretty much where we all hang out and there is a good chunk of info on the car there :)

http://mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php?topic=1566.0
- this is the thread about installing the turbo timer as well as some feedback on it and the fix for the keyless entry while the car is running

http://www.mazda-speed.com/gallery/view_album.php?&set_albumName=album28
- this is the page that shows about making the keyless entry work while the car is running.

I am running the Apexi TT and i love how small it is :) I have also done the keyless fix and have had no problems, works perfectly :) just make sure you cap or tape the ends of those wires so they don't do anything bad.

pluto316 said:
They ******* spelled MIATAS wrong on their own forum.

"Other Miata's"
in some cases an apostrophe can be used for plural terms, such as formal names.

I wonder if the keyless system in the MS6 is anything like this...

I plan to put an Apexi TT in soon, see how it goes.

theres a square white box behind the glove box. Remove the glove box and unplug the harness from it. Look for the Black wire with the yellow stripe. Clip it, tape it off and walla you can arm you alarm while the car is still running.

i have this same tt as well, you can also wire it to your afr gauge if she's runnin one, and it will display afr's as well as determin cool down time on its own based on the way the car is drivin. needless to say this tt is the s***.

Back