AP Ripoff brought to you by Street Unit !!

For those that are interested. We offer a 100% refund (less shipping and handling costs) on the AccessPORT. This is a 30-day guarantee that we offer, this is based on your original purchase date. We ask that our dealers do the same, but we cannot force them to. We will give them a 100% refund (less shipping and handling costs) when our dealer return it to us. I am sure Street Unit will take care of their customer appropriately.

Take care,
Christian.

A professional company does not pawn off items as their own custom item, when that is a flat out LIE. "
what about mazdaspeed CAI there is big mazdaspeed stickes all over it but its made by AEM what about all the mazdaspeed accesories are they not made by other companies with mazdaspeed somewhere on it.

not trying to start anything with that, more of just pointing out it happens everywhere, and to be honest i dont know about the SU fiasco. I havnt had any problems with SU i like useing them they are within 1-2 days shipping of me and 9-10 i can get a tracking info to see where my stuff is.

Last edited:
Please for the love of god DO NOT bring up the SU debate again... Some like them, some hate 'em. Leave it at that.

Hope you get it all sorted out man, good luck on the return, sucks about the AP.

seriously why are they being returned? do they not work? is it a personal money issue? It seems as though there is enough demand that if the unit were not used he could turn around and sell it again without much trouble.

im happy with mine i cant speeak for others, but its probably not to happy with the gains the fact they preordered and now the want to try some other product. im happy with it beacuse its plug and play and i know they will have more maps down the road that ake good power.

It's simple but no one wants to type it. They plugged it in and after a few days felt no power increase. Then maybe a few of them dyno'd it before and after and saw no big increase in the power band so they are returning it.
I know I waited to see the out come. I do know that this car is funny. Throw on a new mod (not that I have any mods) and you see these boost spikes to 20PSI+ but……..then after a day or two the boost spikes are gone …..Totally gone…..and so isn’t the bursting power after every shift. It all just smoothes itself out. The power increase is there but it smoothes out very nice.
I think there will be some nice MAPs down the road. I will sit here and wait to see what comes out maybe by next spring. Right now.......I will just drive my 65 miles per day and enjoy the car for the summer.

SO the long and short is...Minimal to no real gain in power with the Currently available maps.

Wow..they waited how long for this?

SO the long and short is...Minimal to no real gain in power with the Currently available maps.

Wow..they waited how long for this?

I am not too sure Cobb was 100% ready to release the AP but there were so many foaming at the mouths that it is here. All they have is base safe MAPs because the ECU is still a hard thing to control maybe. I have tuned with a Laptop for years (Fords) and I know on newer Ford ECMs you can't just modify one table, function or Scalar and call it a day. You have to dig and find out what modifiers, adders and multipliers go with the table, function or Scalar being changed. Some times you want more timing and you add it here and there but it doesn't take and the Data log will show it. Then, you need to find out why. It takes a long time and by the reading the Speed3 ECM takes 100 other things into account before making up its finicky mind as to what it will allow to happen.
Cobb will get a good grip on it. Then they will release the tuning software and hope the tuning shops understand all this stuff. I know it is out of my league!!

I'm wondering if weather had anything to do with it. I know it's been unseasonably cool here on the east coast the last 2 months, now the weather is swinging to hot and muggy. Turbo cars take it in the shorts when the weather is like this. I romped on my car last night coming home from work and was like... WTF! heh. The temp dropped to 20F at night and all was well again.

it cost me 700$ 1st and 2nd are still boost limited and dsc disable appears to not work especially while turning . And yes I do have the incompatible MS CAI . But that shouldn't have anything to do with those two problems .

seriously why are they being returned? do they not work? is it a personal money issue? It seems as though there is enough demand that if the unit were not used he could turn around and sell it again without much trouble.

because every fully bolted car using it with the stage 2 + map has felt less power. one user even posted track times that were consistantly 3-5 tenths slower and 3-4 mph slower trap speeds. it does work, just the maps need some tweeking i think. it is a good product but it will work differently on every car based on your mods i bet. i just wont buy it until some do it yourself tuning software is available.

^^^ I am getting results like that, but just to be fair it could be some sort of hardware problem on my car that only makes itself show when the ECU is requesting more boost and fuel. I should try and get the TSB fuel pump done, but the thing is I have no problems when running the stock style maps. I'm not sure of another way to test the fuel issue. I would love to borrow a dashhawk locally and monitor my fuel pressure, but no one seems to have one around here.

Back