Anyone with a resonator delete?

ScorpioGTX1

:
2012 Mazda 2 GS M/T
I currently have the Racing Beat axle-back and love it, however it's not doing me any favours for power. I want to go to a local shop and get the midpipe replaced with a straight pipe to cut out the secondary cat and hopefully free up a couple horsepower. What I'm debating is whether or not I should get a resonator fitted in there as well. I like the gurgling sounds resonator deletes often make when off-throttle, but I don't want the exhaust to sound too raspy under load. Does anybody with a resonator delete care to chime in?

I currently have the Racing Beat axle-back and love it, however it's not doing me any favours for power. I want to go to a local shop and get the midpipe replaced with a straight pipe to cut out the secondary cat and hopefully free up a couple horsepower. What I'm debating is whether or not I should get a resonator fitted in there as well. I like the gurgling sounds resonator deletes often make when off-throttle, but I don't want the exhaust to sound too raspy under load. Does anybody with a resonator delete care to chime in?

Search Youtube for the Corksport exhaust with racepipe. IMO it doesn't sound raspy at all running a straight pipe.

Actually, I believe the CorkSport exhaust does include a resonator. The racepipe just replaces the secondary cat.

fd7b80d4.jpg

- Stolen from UnZipHer's build thread

I think he never revved above 3,000rpm, it would have been nice to ear it a full throttle all the way to red line.

The Corksport cbe/race pipe would sound mean with the catless header, that's what I'm going for my self

Skip to 3:40 in the video. I never edited it because I just put it up to show my buddy that wanted to here it and was too lazy.

I had a full 2" exhaust made which removed the resonator and the 2nd CAT. in its place I have a magna flow muffler and the exhaust exits out the side of the car. it sounds great but on long 3-4 hour drives it gets annoying.

Same question here. i have a sport muffler from Sebring that gives a slowly sportier sound and i want to change the middle pipe with a bigger diameter and remove the resonator. My problem is if on a regular drive on a highway on 120-130 km/h on 3500-4000 rpm, i will have an annoying interior sound, or it will be a nice one.

Can someone take a pic of the secondary cat for me? I do not think i have one as live in Aus and after the exhaust manifold there only seems to be a resonator and a muffler.

Can someone take a pic of the secondary cat for me? I do not think i have one as live in Aus and after the exhaust manifold there only seems to be a resonator and a muffler.
I don't have a picture of it but you DO have a second cat. You have one on the header then a second down the line just a bit next to the resonator.

look under car, at the start of the exhaust if you see two cylinders one is a cat and one is a resonator, if you only have one cylinder it's a resonator. I know some regions don't include a secondary cat, there was another forum member who had this exact scenario happen and took pics, no secondary cat.

I have the corksport with racepipe (resonator in place of 2nd cat), and its perfect. I would not recommend running without a resonator unless you want the car to be loud. Maybe I'm getting old.

I have the corksport with racepipe (resonator in place of 2nd cat), and its perfect. I would not recommend running without a resonator unless you want the car to be loud. Maybe I'm getting old.

I'm getting old also but my earing is going away so I need more loud to ear my engine lol

Then maybe you should just save money and simply unbolt after the manifold. You'll hear it! And fix your "h" button.

Latest posts

Back