Anyone tried these new pulse plugs?

never heard of them..... seems like they would work in theory, but it may be like the "tornado" thing for your intake

they do offer a 30-day money back guarantee, do maybe its worth trying, but I dunno @ $100 for a set of 4

CAUTION: Pulstar model recommendations are for stock, unmodified engines. If you have added an aftermarket turbocharger, supercharger, nitrous or any other product that increases displacement or compression to your engine you will require a colder heat range pulse plug in order to avoid possible damage to your engine.

They offer them in colder heat ranges, you have to call for the right part number. the stock heat range would be fine though, they are just mainly talking about nitrous cars and cars that have had turbos added to them. we allready run iridiums which stay hot as hell between ignition cycles, these couldnt be any worse just way way more efficient.

just as an FYI
a couple guys in the other forum with speed6's tried these and ended up getting their money back

Pulstar Pulstar Pulse Plugs EF-1 EF-1 .045" $24.95

They are saying on most websites that this plug is the ultimate...

Last edited:
LOL read what they say it does....Then go buy nology hot wires cause there the same thing and they both have one thing in common....

THERE JUNK!

Regardless of what they say there is not way a different plug is gonna create more spark energy then they take in. You want a good ignition system? get GOOD wires, GOOD plugs (NGK or something along that line in copper) and maybe goto a 1.8l coil setup (casue these are bigger coils).

Pure junk and a waste of money. If you want a kick in the balls at $25 a pop send me your money.

LOL read what they say it does....Then go buy nology hot wires cause there the same thing and they both have one thing in common....

THERE JUNK!

Regardless of what they say there is not way a different plug is gonna create more spark energy then they take in. You want a good ignition system? get GOOD wires, GOOD plugs (NGK or something along that line in copper) and maybe goto a 1.8l coil setup (casue these are bigger coils).

Pure junk and a waste of money. If you want a kick in the balls at $25 a pop send me your money.

not sure wtf your talking about but anyways... these are different, they do amplify energy taken in, much like a stun gun makes 100,000volts from a 9 volt battery. and you cant add nology hotwires on a motor with direct igntion. so this might be a great thing for our motors, we gotta test them

not sure wtf your talking about but anyways... these are different, they do amplify energy taken in, much like a stun gun makes 100,000volts from a 9 volt battery. and you cant add nology hotwires on a motor with direct igntion. so this might be a great thing for our motors, we gotta test them

Nology hot wires work on the same prinicable. They use a "special circuit" to hold all the spark energy and they release it as more energy. Most people that try these gimmick wires go back to stock in a hurry as they do nothing to help performance but lighten you wallet a fair bit.

So, what's the verdict? Anybody try them yet?

My bet is they don't help with adding HP or add MPG to your car and if they do you are looking at a .5% gain not even a 5% gain. This is just my opinion. I was one of those suckers with the Nology wires and I remember feeling super stupid after install and realizing my Honda was still slow.

Here's a logical question:
If they did all what they say they do, then why don't car manufacturers use them in their top end 2008 models?
-Cost isn't a reason to add them for a top end car.
-Because they are new (recently introduced), perhaps, so maybe there is hope for them.

BUT if a Speed6 owner tried it and returned it, then that tells me two things:

1) They don't work.

or

2) Those owners don't know their cars.

I'm guessing #1, because only true car enthusiasts would buy a Speed6 and then take the time to install it in their cars in the first place.

You never know and I'm thinking Nig3 is still on the chopping block to find out for us. Peer pressure is a b****...

Last edited:
sure but nobody responds to my E3 plug query. IM tellin you hit the site. There is new technology at work here and i think we'll see more manufacturers making more efficient combustion! Diamond edge to edge conductors. I have them in my Dodge and they made a difference that sounded and felt smoother. Guys at the shop who tried liked, two of the guys said their wives noticed before they told them. I've only got 2800 miles on but i'll pull them to see what's condition

Last edited:
After reading independent test results, I have seen, on average, a 3-4hp gain over stock amongst several different vehicles.

For the price, I'm not impressed. My car is a Speed 3, stock it's already freakin fast!!!! Save your $$$$ on gas.

Back