Anyone still on here from way back when/I totaled my car

Dreeza

:
'03 pro LX
Well, not sure how many of the same people are still on here from back in the day...but figured I'd say 'hi'.

On Sunday, my car spun out in some crappy weather & looks as if my car is totaled. I was going to post this elsewhere, but wasn't really sure what section this would qualify under. At this point, I'm still desperate to save my baby. It has been 10 years of going strong. I'm trying to get someone out to check out the structural integrity & see if it is salvageable. My dumb concussed self did not think to try to turn the engine on (but I know all electrics were still intact as lights/radio stayed on). Engine bay looked perfect though. Just couldn't tell any damage to the underside.

Would love to hear thoughts/opinions/just hi's from people who remember me/interest in any parts.

here are some pics...

Where it ended up:

IMG_1095_zpsb1e8e60b.jpg

Tough lil guy...honestly looked SO much better than I thought it would:

Right side is pretty much unharmed minus a few scratches...

IMG_1097_zps90082907.jpg

I'm pretty sure the bumper was ripped off since my car is so low, so the lip got caught as I was going backwards down the ditch. That is where I am not sure about damage to the underside of the car. Oh & A tree branch smashed my passenger window.

Worst part of the back:
IMG_1099_zpsd9591470.jpg

Trunk open & closes fine.

Glad you made it out ok and yes, I am still around but not a vendor any more unfortunately.
I gotta think the Insurance Co will say totaled considering the age of the car and the amount of damage sustained.

Hey I'm still here, and on my 4th and 5th Mazdas. '02 Protege ES, '94 Miata, '03 6S, and now '10 3S and '99 Miata.

I remember your car, it was quite nice! Sorry to see the damage, gotta say it looks like a total loss to me as well (do you still have full insurance coverage?) Nearly every body panel is affected. Is there another model you've had the itch to try out?

Hey Nate! I remember you! Didn;t realize you were in DC area too.

Yah, I am slowly coming to terms with it being totaled. Slowly.

I've only been looking at other proteges. I may have a serious problem, haha.

Having issues finding a car I feel as comfortable in really. Am open to suggestions in cars that handle as well as the protege & are as small as one. I had a 3 for a day & for whatever reason, it just felt huge to me. May have just been not enough time to get used to it.

Back