Anyone Mount the Stock 215 Tires on RX8 rims?

I just mounted the stock potenzas on other rims (same exact specs though...18" x 8" with a 50mm offset) and they fit fine. BTW, they are wedsport sa70s. The outer edge of the rim sticks out a bit from the tire but it's not too bad. I'll post a pic in a few days when the weather clears up.

Thx LawMan - if you can, get a pic from the edge facing the tread so I can see how much the rim sticks out.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. That way I can use the stock rims with some decent all seasons or snow tires for winter.

Hey here are the pics. Sorry it took so long.

CIMG6006.JPG

CIMG6009.JPG

Looks a little bit stretched...but I can live with that until I wear out the stock tires.

At stock height, the 235s will be fine. But if you plan to lower the car you will most likely have to roll the fenders to fit 235s under them.

chuyler1 said:
At stock height, the 235s will be fine. But if you plan to lower the car you will most likely have to roll the fenders to fit 235s under them.

I hear ya there and I've been going back and forth about going 235-40 or 225-45.

In theory the 235-40 is closer to the stock tire size. After plenty of reading through the forums I've decided to order the Falken FK452's as the Falken's appear to be a thinner tire than others.

I'll be able to tell for sure in a couple of weeks ... if I have to roll the fenders, that's ok too.

Back