Anyone have Husky Liners or Weathertech floormats?

Josue6WGN

:
2004 6 Wagon S
Does anyone have these floormats? If so, how do you like them? Do they do a good job at holding all the crap in and off your carpet?

I had Husky Liners in the truck I had before my P5, but they were the kind that cup upwards around the edges. These mats that are offered for Protege's just seem to be regular "flat" mats, and I'm worried that they might let crap onto the carpet.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=3&VehId=765&Year=2003

http://www.huskyliners.com/Heavy Duty Floor Mats?ct=29&d=3&dt=#ColorChange

We bought the weather tech mats for the Miata I used to have and also bought the for my sons Jeep Wrangler. I thught that they were well made and fit very well . I have the oem rubber mats in the speed3 and would rather have the Weathertech's.

Did they have the lip around the edge to catch all the crap? I've seen Weathertechs like that, but the ones for the Protege's appear to just be a flat design similar to the regular carpeted floormats.

The weathertech's look sorta universal. It even says the rears can be trimmed to custom fit. I know what you're talking about and these don't seem to be it.

Yea, if these are the only styles available, then I don't think it's worth it to buy one of these sets for $100+. I'd rather buy a $30 universal set from the parts store. lol

the mats that we put in the Millenia were the universal fit and had the ribs and a lip to catch the water they were thicker than the mats you would get at autozone.

I have the weathertechs and I have to say I thought they would be more custom cut and less of a universal thing. But they are nice and thick, they do lay well in the footwells and so far they have caught all the dirt and water and all that comes in on your shoes.

Thanks!

I was noticing this morning how wacky the floormats are in these cars. How there's a little notch by the gas door popper, and how it goes up around the dead pedal and behind the other pedals.

You wouldn't happen to have any pics, would you?

I made some custom ones out of a rubber diamond-plate barbecue mat/ deck protector thing from costco. They fit way better than any other floor mat that ive ever had and they actually hold crap very well. I could post some pics if you'd like.

EDIT:

Here's a couple pics.

2008996017.jpg
2008996013.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I've got the classic liners in another brand sedan, and I find them to be really good, contoured, fit nicely, and protect quite a bit of the carpet area.
For me it was price that made me get the Husky over the Weather tech.

Back