Anyone failed a class

gboromsp

:
06 WRX
Has anyone ever failed a class in college. I just failed my first one, and let me tell you it sucks. I'm doing fine in all my other classes but this was an 8 o'clock that was very boring and I just didn't go very often. I know its my fault for being lazy but I did study my ass off for the final and and the tests. It just plain sucks.

WHAT!?!?!

Um, NO! You are PAYING for that s***!

Crazy to slack off and fail a class!

I didn't fail, I dropped it before I failed it.

It sucks @$$ because I pay for all my schooling. With all the money that I have wasted in school I could have had a HiBoost stage 3 turbo kit.:(

Good luck

yeah I've failed a couple but mine were mostly extemely hard classes like Differential Equation and Matrix Theory and Integrated Circuits but I have and art class this semester that sucked so bad I stoppped going. It wasn't worth my time the teacher was so bad.

You stopped going because you did not like the prof.?

Um, come on man! College is not high school guys, you pay a LOT to go, take advantage of it.

God knows you will be paying off those student loans for YEARS!

I failed Geometry... twice. lol I suck at math, but I took Advance English Comp. with no problem. My other half of my brain housing group (the math side) doesnt work too well. :D

yeah, I failed one. Guess what, you'll get over it. Things may be different in the US, but I tell ya.....getting good marks here in Canada is over-rated. I've been graduated for 5-6 years, have had countless interviews across the Us and Canada, and I have never.... NEVER been asked for my marks or grade point average.

In my field you have to supply a transcript from college. (don't ask me what field I will not tell you.)

I'm going into the biotech industry and competing with premed students. Is that not the ultimate paradox? I could care less about grades because biotech companies only care about lab experience, yet I have to work my ass off compared to everyone else I know because the classes I take are the same classes all the anal premed students take.

Ceej said:
In my field you have to supply a transcript from college. (don't ask me what field I will not tell you.)

Same here... I had to send a transcript before they would even agree to talk with me on the phone, much less interview, that's with 4 years prior experience as well. lol.

1st final of my grad school career tomorrow at 3. then another on thursday at 3, then friday at 12. If i can make it through those I might be awake enough to fly to colorado for some skiing. oh, if i don't do well on my exams, my assistantship goes bye-bye and i'm out on my ass. but i hear colorado has some good snow.

My field requires it, too, but basically just to verify that the applicant actually possesses a Master's degree. I do my fair share of hiring, and I really could not care less about grades made in the past. I want experience.

That first job could be a b****, though, if you have F's on your transcript.

I failed a class or two in college. (My college was one where a D is considered failing) But like others have said, once you are done, your degree looks just like everyone elses. I've only had to submit a transcript AFTER accepting the position I have. I guess the gov't is a little backwards...lol

Last edited:
Some employers do ask for transcripts in a technical field. But what I've found is, while you get paid much better for having that degree, you get the job for actually having experience in the field. Most graduates don't get the job they originally applied for because they didn't have the "experience" to go along with it. I have a friend in the Navy that has an Engineering degree from FSU. He couldn't find a job in that field that paid well because they said he didnt have the experience they wanted. Then when he joined the Navy to be an officer since he had the degree, they didn't make him one because he was .02 off the GPA he needed. You can never win.

All i can say is been there done that. Don't warry it happens to a lot of people. I am doing pre-med and i've failed itro chemistry my freshman year. Turns out i had depression for years and didn't really think i had it. It sucks. No wonder never in my entire life i was a good student. Even now when the fall semester comes i am still doing much worce than over the spring semester. Sunny days where are you. Well if it makes you feel better i am close to failing my Organic Chemistry class.
I hope i don't though. If you're doing fine in all your other classes i wouldn't sweat it. Just focus on something pleasant like your car over the brake and kick butt next semester. Good luck, Hope it turns well in the end. Viktor

melicha8 said:
I'm going into the biotech industry and competing with premed students. Is that not the ultimate paradox? I could care less about grades because biotech companies only care about lab experience,

Yes, and you will not get into a good lab and will not work under a big name Ph.D if you do not have good grades.

(Father in law is a molecular biologist at SU)

I'm already in a lab and have been for a couple months doing protein research. This summer I was part of a prototype experimental design on transgenic tomatoes. I hope that's enough experience. It's not hard for me to get into research postitions because I go to a reseach university and not some liberal arts college or poly tech school

tyusha said:
All i can say is been there done that. Don't warry it happens to a lot of people. I am doing pre-med and i've failed itro chemistry my freshman year. Turns out i had depression for years and didn't really think i had it. It sucks. No wonder never in my entire life i was a good student. Even now when the fall semester comes i am still doing much worce than over the spring semester. Sunny days where are you. Well if it makes you feel better i am close to failing my Organic Chemistry class.
I hope i don't though. If you're doing fine in all your other classes i wouldn't sweat it. Just focus on something pleasant like your car over the brake and kick butt next semester. Good luck, Hope it turns well in the end. Viktor
Yeah, I had to take a few quarters off because of that. I am trying to straighten myself out but I'm not doing that good of a job at it. Oh well, I will figure something out. :)

Back