Anyone considering the TRZ Dogbone Motor Mount.......

Can 'they' work faster?

Why on G_d's green planet would they not replace the mounts that have been failing first.

the rear motor mount is the one that makes the most performance difference right off the bat. when the engine mounts were in development from most companies out there you didn't have side mounts failing.

lol...i could never go for this then...i just took out my CS inserts last night because i couldnt stand the extra vibes. All you guys that say "its not noticeable" or "it goes away in a day" or two are effin crazy! I was seriously starting to think it was my suspension because i installed it the same day i did my suspension mods and the vibes had been annoying me since. On the way home yesterday i got fed up of worrying what it was and decided to take them out...ah....relief....back to normal. Ya the engine rocks a bit more now but who are we kidding, these are sub 270hp daily drivers not race cars i can do without the extra vibes and bad shifting. Kudos to those of you who have convinced yourself otherwise (bowdown)

Really? I've had the inserts for about 10,000 miles and I didn't think it was bad at all. Maybe I just got used to them. I think you're the only one who has complained about the 'vibrations' created from the inserts...no offense but i have to ask, are you sure you installed them right? lol

I may go back to the stock mount + inserts for DD and put the TRZ in *if/when* I go to the track...we'll see though I'm gonna give the TRZ a good 1000 miles or so and see how I feel about it then.

Really? I've had the inserts for about 10,000 miles and I didn't think it was bad at all. Maybe I just got used to them. I think you're the only one who has complained about the 'vibrations' created from the inserts...no offense but i have to ask, are you sure you installed them right? lol

there is only one way to install the inserts if i am not mistaken

Oh and the SU mount isn't??

i didn't see anyone saying/inferring anything to this effect. most of the mounts out there have very good qualities each thier own. the only one i try and steer people away from is the AWR in softer durometers because the ms3 makes too much torque for that soft of a bushing.

Last edited:

I may go back to the stock mount + inserts for DD and put the TRZ in *if/when* I go to the track...we'll see though I'm gonna give the TRZ a good 1000 miles or so and see how I feel about it then.

Being that there is only ONE way that they can be installed and still be able to slide back into the subframe I am SURE I installed them right. Furthermore installing inserts are cake in comparison to coilovers. Now no offense, but did you install yours? Lol for you to have asked that question I'm leaning towards no cuz Ken is right there is only one way to do em ;) Maybe im just super picky about my ride quality cuz put 350+ miles in a month and I felt no decline in vibes. I know what aftermarket mounts feel like and the inserts while not nearly as bad were also no where near stock.

lol I know they only fit into the stock mount a certain way. I mean like maybe not torqued tight enough/bolt came loose or something. I wasn't trying to say you were incompetent and unable to install them correctly or something.

Last edited:
I actually over torqued them (body weight) just to make sure when I put em on, plus I didnt have a 1/2 torque wrench handy and didnt have a 19mm 3/8 socket for the 3/8 torque wrench I have...maybe that was the problem but I doubt it...extra tight is good I would imagine when it comes to a engine mount.

the rear motor mount is the one that makes the most performance difference right off the bat. when the engine mounts were in development from most companies out there you didn't have side mounts failing.

Mine failed about a year ago....

Still nothing.

Yep

lol I know they only fit into the stock mount a certain way. I mean like maybe not torqued tight enough/bolt came loose or something. I wasn't trying to say you were incompetent and unable to install them correctly or something.

That was my thought also. I only have the inserts but a great improvement, the stock unit is very soft. They were noticable at first, now it just feels like it should have stock imo

Yeah same deal here. When I first put them in, I noticed the vibes at idle with the A/C on, but I could live with it. I had the inserts in for over 10k miles and honestly there was barely any vibes whatesoever with the AC on. I dunno if it took 200, 500 or 1000 miles to 'break in' or whatever, but I am pretty certain the vibes did go down over time. I guess it's possible I was just getting used to it, but I'm fairly certain they went away (for the most part) over time... Hopefully my new TRZ will to, it's definitely got the vibes lol

Where are all the products we need?

Mine failed about a year ago....

Still nothing.

I am surprised more tuning companies have not picked up on this car, where are the fully built Mazdaspeed 3 racing teams? Very slow to market. Kind of like the recent Civic si boo

Attachments

• heinzbose2.jpg
    heinzbose2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 145
When do you think the replacements for the failing mounts will be out? Dunno if I want to replace the rear mount without replacing all the craptastic mounts.

i have to send them some pictures of the side mount where it contacts the battery tray, then we should see them all done

what you talkin bout captain?

the car pictured there is run by a professional race team, powered by parts from us and from cp-e. they have what i believe is CP-e's first front mount intercooler for the MS3 as well as our manifold and fuel pump, corksport downpipe, mazdaspeed air intake.

Are you in the process of doing that? What kind of mounts are they going to be? Steel? What are the improvements?

sent them a dozen shots today. they are going to be the same laser cut steel with poly bushings used on the rear mount. the steel used here is the same thats used on drag car/funny car/top fuel race car chassis', so its very strong. combine that with thick TIG welds and i think you'll find there is no flex or chance of rupture compared to the thin stock equipment.

I actually over torqued them (body weight) just to make sure when I put em on, plus I didnt have a 1/2 torque wrench handy and didnt have a 19mm 3/8 socket for the 3/8 torque wrench I have...maybe that was the problem but I doubt it...extra tight is good I would imagine when it comes to a engine mount.

I disagree....overtorqueing past the recommended values would compress the bushings unecessarily and thus take away some of their damping abilities....and likely produce vibrations in exceeding those inherent in a new, correct installation...

sort of like installing a new shock absorber and failing to cut the temporary compression tie....defeating the design's purpose from the get-go....

I realize tastes in personal comfort vary widely but I've been driving all kinds of performance vehicles for 39 years now and the 'vibes' produced by the TRZ rear mount after the break-in period rank in the 'very mild' category....

Back