Any way to fix interior heat marks like this?

clicknext

:
2006 Tungsten Grey Mazda6 GT I4
These are marks from on top of my dash. They were there when I bought the car, so I'm not exactly sure what they're from, but it looks like some hot coffee spilled when a cup was placed there.

I tried just cleaning it, but no dice.

Any idea how I could fix this, or conceal it a bit?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Might be a slight burned where it warped the plastic, mayve sand it a little bit and armor all or some protectant

Looks like some oil got there and baked. Like using a greasy cloth or oily fingerprints. Hmm..tough to say how..I've always cleaned mine off right away.

dont sand it. itll make it more obvious that theres a blemish there.

i dont think theres a way to repair it really...

If cleaning isn't fixing I'm not sure there is a way. However, When I bought my MSP it has some nicks and scrapes in the front part of the dash. The dealership fixed them perfectly. Could hardly believe it. Some of the gouges were kinda deep but they did somthing. So might try the dealership or someone that specialized in interior reconditioning. Or just live with it ;)

We have this guy here in town we use, he sands and paints and stuff and like OMG it's amazing his work. He fixed a deep gouge in a dashboard once u could NEVER see it was there, and the one leather seat we had was cut about 2" long and he made it disappear... So there's guys that do it, but it's pricey.

If cleaning isn't fixing I'm not sure there is a way. However, When I bought my MSP it has some nicks and scrapes in the front part of the dash. The dealership fixed them perfectly. Could hardly believe it. Some of the gouges were kinda deep but they did somthing. So might try the dealership or someone that specialized in interior reconditioning. Or just live with it ;)

The method/technique to fix these sort of things (scratches, discolourations etc) on dash boards is air brushing believe it or not.

The method/technique to fix these sort of things (scratches, discolourations etc) on dash boards is air brushing believe it or not.

How do they fill in the scratches and gouges though? They made it look like it never had an issue to begin with. there was material missing!

Ya they have all kinds of stuff they fill with. Then it's airbrushed n stuff to make it look good. I saw this one thing he had for cloth seats, he did a cigarette burn. It was like an airbrush that sprayed tiny little fibers of fabric (think tiny hairs) and they were color matched to the seat. It came out flawless. I'm sure there's WAY more steps involved, but that's what I saw him doing.

Ya they have all kinds of stuff they fill with. Then it's airbrushed n stuff to make it look good. I saw this one thing he had for cloth seats, he did a cigarette burn. It was like an airbrush that sprayed tiny little fibers of fabric (think tiny hairs) and they were color matched to the seat. It came out flawless. I'm sure there's WAY more steps involved, but that's what I saw him doing.

Very intersting. Pretty cool stuff too me. Not a service I will be adding to my lineup anytime though!

Hehe, BONDO!

lol

For plastic there is plastic putty. I use for models, then paint over it. Now getting the texture just right is the tricky part.

ClickNext, in your case it's either you gloss it up or tone it down. As said, do not sand.

Ya the texture is where experience comes in. He had all kinds of sponges, trowels, etc to get it right.

bobble head or hula dancing girl, should cover that right up! lol

Back