Antenna adjustment

:
2023 CX-5S Select
New 2010 5 today. When I got home I found out the antenna hits a couple of places on my garage door. No problem entering but will not be able to back out, so I have unscrewed it. Just wondering if anyone has ever put a slight bend in the antenna. It would be about 2" from the top. Thanks

there is a shark-fin style antenna available in the marketplace section. i would think that would be a better solution than putting a bend in it. that would just make it look broken.

Thanks. Took a look. Will not fit this year's model due to larger base. Saw a stubby, mentioned which I'll investigate.

I'm in the same situation. I'm planning to work on the garrage door. Like laying up slippery surface (I'm thinking of those tobogganing flexible plastic sheets and rivet them.) so that the original antenna can slide/bend safely when touching the garrage door.

meanwhile I'm just using a six-inch antenna I picked from some store.. Radio works ok.
but not very good when you are in the parkade.

Somewhere here I remember someone mentioning that the antenna for a Dodge Journey is a perfect fit...and about $7 or $8 from the local Chrysler store.

After driving around this morning with no antenna I found the radio had no trouble with my favorite local stations. Very sensitive receiver. Based on that I think I can shorten the antenna as needed, and seal the end. I don't think I will notice the change in reception.

I have a CX-7 stubby on my 5. No change in reception noticed at all. Price I paid was ~$22 CDN

i have the same problem as well.

for around 6 months i drove around without an antenna. then i got the sharkfin antenna. you could go with a shorty antenna though. that would probably work.

Went with the Dodge antenna for $7.00. Works fine. Will go to the longer one if we head out of town, like a trip to VT etc.
Thanks all.

Went with the Dodge antenna for $7.00. Works fine. Will go to the longer one if we head out of town, like a trip to VT etc.
Thanks all.
Good point, you can always put the longer Mazda5 antenna back on for trips.

For those who haven't messed around with the antenna, it just screws on and off - to switch antennas would take a very short amount of time.

a shorter CX7 antenna fits perfectly on a 5.
No change in reception.

Good idea. I had the same problem with my garage door, but whoever set it up didn't have the door opening far enough. I was able to adjust the door up like 6 inches or so. Anyhow the CX7 antenna looks like a good idea and I may need it in the future depending on my canoe, etc...on the roof rack. Although I figure the stock antenna will simply go up inside the canoe.

New 2010 5 today. When I got home I found out the antenna hits a couple of places on my garage door. No problem entering but will not be able to back out, so I have unscrewed it. Just wondering if anyone has ever put a slight bend in the antenna. It would be about 2" from the top. Thanks

You can adjust your garage door opener to open further if it rubs. Mine did, so I spent five minutes on the opener and fixed it. Most openers only require that you turn a screw to adjust how far up it goes, and a screw to adjust how far down it goes. That's a lot easier than changing the antenna, right?

garage door adjustment wont really work for me.

IMG_1900.jpg

Back