ANSWER FAST PLEASE(about tein springs)

alexelie

:
protege5 red
hi, i bought tein springs for protege 5 on ebay and today i went to my mecanic to install them. They said they wont fit the top plate. now i need to pay for the job, i dont know what to do. i will contact the seller ASAP. Seriously, i bought springs for p5, maybe he sent me the worng part, but f*ck now i need to pay a lot of money for nothing!

i don't see how, unless he is putting them on backwards, that they would not fit

no. if they are the right spring they should go right in. honestly, pictures would help

on the box it cleary says protege. even if it was for a normal protege, it would fit. i will take picture when i gte them back after paying the guy there.

i dont think (correct me someone if i am wrong) that there is any difference between the two

Damn that sux man!!! I don't see why they wouldn't fit... I installed TEIN S springs on my p5 and everything went smooth. And TEIN only has springs for proteges 99-up. I think this guys is taking you for a ride...

He didn't take all your shocks down did he? He did notice it didn't fit with only one shock down correct? If he didn't notice it didn't fit when he took down the first shock, I would turn it around on him and tell him that he should've noticed it.

Good luck man!!

when i was first modding my car and paying the local honda shop to do it, my springs were installed wrong

ask him for pictures of how they do not fit and post them here, maybe we can point you in the right direction?

ok thank you when i go there when he is done putting my old springs in, i will ask him. By the way, he had to change my old back shocks because they were leaking he said. They are 135 each...

ok thank you when i go there when he is done putting my old springs in, i will ask him. By the way, he had to change my old back shocks because they were leaking he said. They are 135 each...

that i believe. would have been a good idea to go with tokicos for shocks.

hmm yhea he is charging me already too much, i dont have the money right now to go with that. PLus he probably doent have that in stock so that means another two hours to change them...but yhea i thought of changng them for these.

that's what you get from buying from eGay... you probably got fake teins

don't mod your car if you can't afford it
you want to get the real deal, don't buy from ebay
and you want your s*** to last, upgrade the struts too.... just doing one and not the other is just going to cost you more money in the end... something you already said you don't have

sorry but dont tell me that, i paid 300$ for them. they are not fake! And i know about the struts, a lot of people have run the stock struts for a long time without problems.

Nowi just come back from there and the guy said they didnt fit the top plate because the plate was too much rotated and they couldnt put the bolt in place...im not a mecanic but that baout what he said. I wanted to punch him in the face...im so pissed!

EDIT: i also have the tein stickers, tein box and all the warranty papers so they are the real sh*t.

Last edited:
any body had that problem before. im contacting the guys from ebay. i will see what he says(he already answered me but now he needs my part no...waiting his next answer) but im pretty sure those are the right springs.

that's what you get from buying from eGay... you probably got fake teins

don't mod your car if you can't afford it
you want to get the real deal, don't buy from ebay
and you want your s*** to last, upgrade the struts too.... just doing one and not the other is just going to cost you more money in the end... something you already said you don't have

Hahaha! I get it. Homophobia is hilarious.

the top plate was rotated? wtf does that mean, u can rotate the top plate any way u want

i would just go to the how to section, they have a thread with step by step, and do it urself if u can

Back