Another tire thread

shbiv

:
2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD
I have right at 51,000 on our 2012 Mazda CX-9 AWD with original Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400s. We live in New Orleans so we rarely (once every 10 years) get ice/snow. Overall, I have been satisfied with the Dueler's. They still have most probably enough tread for another 15,000 miles but since it is about to get really hot in the next month and some surface cracking is obvious I decided it is time to switch them out. Our dealer uses Dealer Tire to get tires and they are Buy 3 get 1 free for the next two months which makes them very competitive and in many cases cheaper than most of the local shops. I do all my own maintenance and am very picky about who works on my vehicles, so prefer the dealer if needed.

I am highly considering just getting another set of the Dueler H/L 400s, but wanted your thoughts if you have strong feelings on any of the following:

Dueler H/L 400 - $987
Yokohama Geolander G055 - $676 (also get a $60 rebate)
Hankook Dynapro HP2 RA33 - $679 (also get a $100 rebate)
Goodyear Eagle RS-A - $950

They are all 245/50R20 102V. I also considered the Michelin Premier LTX but they do not qualify for the promotion.

I look forward to your thoughts on these options.

Thanks!

My local Firestone that I have used for tires before matched the dealer price but on the Dueler Ecopia 422s so I went ahead and had them installed yesterday.

I have no experience with the Yokohamas or Hankooks. My son has the Goodyears on his Celica. I have over 61k on the two original tires (Duelers) still on our CX-9. They will likely last to 70k. I say the original two tires because we had an irreparable puncture on one of the OE tires so I replaced two of them with Michelin Premier LTX. The Michelins are on the rear axle and have just a few thousand miles on them so I cannot give a good opinion on them. I was very happy with the OE tires and almost went back with them but have been a Michelin fan for a long time. Discount Tire had them in stock and sold them for about the same price as the Dueler (and would have had to order them) so I opted for the Michelins. I am glad to see someone else getting good mileage and making good comments about Duelers. They have been one of the best, if not the best, OEM tires I have had. It does seem strange that on this forum many people are getting 50k+ miles on the OE tires and many under 30k. Bottom line, in your situation, I would choose the Duelers!

Back