another speed down

Sorry to here about that man. I'm glad you're OK.

I'd be willing to bet the Mazda techs screwed something up on your axel replacement. I let them change my oil the first time, and three weeks later when I was replacing my motor mount, I dropped the under-tray, and my drain plug was sitting on it and my engine was drained of oil! I was so pissed, and all they had to say to me was "What were you doing taking your car apart? You know we could void your warranty for that."!!!

yes my insurance is definitely covering it, i just have to wait until tomorrow(very long weekend btw lol) to see if its totalled. its very likely, but i guess you never know, those pictures are only a small taste of the damage i'm afraid.

whether its totalled or not i'll be okay, because the shop that my insurance is taking my car to is owned by a very good friend of my dad's. and She says that if they don't total it, they will be replacing every single little peice she thinks necessary to get my car in like-new used car condition again.

and yes i'm fairly positive that Mazda did screw up.

1)didn't cover my axle under warranty, when there was no reason not too.
2)charged me an arm and a leg for an axle install.
3)they never re-attached my swaybar, i had to take it back to them and say 'hey you stupid fuckers forgot to put some bolts in my car!'
4)this happens, causing me to believe they were still missing bolts..their install job was poor/improper...or that my swaybar/endlinks/etc. were damaged from them not being installed right the first time.

does your driver door not close correctly? in the 2nd pic it doesn't look like it does. if so that could be frame damage and for sure totalled

stepping on the brakes made the spin worse than it could have been but if it was a difference between hitting a truck and spinning you made the right call to avoid the truck. in awd cars to correct the spin just point the tires where you want to go and give it gas. sounds like that may have put you into a truck though so that would've been way worse

def tell the adjuster that you just had work done to the rear and that the rear stepped out. he'll poke around more. if it's the dealer's fault it'll save you a lot in the long run since it'll be on their insurance not yours

you are right, it would have put me into the truck..sigh. i didn't hit the gas once during the whole situation, so i couldn't tell if the rear was locked up or able to spin. but that is what it felt like. it was driving fine, then it was loose as hell and tires were squealing lol.

oh and yes i did tell my insurance agent about my mazda experience, and left it at that. i will let them deal with it, if that turns out the case.

oh and my chiropractor is back in town tomorrow haha, so i'll be feeling alot better tomorrow. after i learn more about my cars situation, and after my bones are back in line haha. i didn't start to realize it until late that night, but that impact from the landing really wasn't good for me ;).

hmm..just a btw, but if my car is totalled i think i'm either buying a gen3 rx7 or a 2002-03 M5....and i will try to keep that car until the V6TT Mazdaspeed is available :) :) /crossesfingers

oh and sorry jred,
the door does close and latch, but it is out of alignment pretty bad. i'm surprised it does latch actually. and also if you look way close(its a bad angle) the pillar inbetween the rear window and the rear door has a large crease in it...i'm 50% positive the frame is bent.

i have more pics, way better ones. just gotta get them up! those 2 are from my phone like 15 minutes after the incident, not so good lol. i was whack in the brain after flying my mazda ha.

Last edited:
k so chiropractor today :) yay.

dislocated my pelvis, severe whiplash, chipped and fractured my back at the base near my pelvis, '[also] you've severely traumatized the whole length of your back from your skull all the way down here to your pelvis, see here is what another patients back looked like today'.

xrays are not pretty, he was surprised i could deal with the pain for so long with no medical attention. but to be honest i barely could haha, and not without fairly heavy ibuprofen use haha.

he says i can't go flying around through the air in cars, without hurting myself badly. ;)

=(
your back sounds really ****** up....not good man, hope it all turns out good for ya

are they going to get you another speed6?

sorry that happend man... glad you walked out alive... insurance would probably send you a check for at least 25k or more depending on your cars mileage

i may be parting it out actually. the insurance told the shop to arrange to have it taken to a junk yard, and the shop called me and said hey...do you want to be the "junk yard" and get your stuff off the car? so they are trying to work it that way, and i may be able to sell my mods..depending on whether i get a speed6 again.

and sorry i'm so lazy, but you gotta see the other pics...wow its in bad shape ha

i may be parting it out actually. the insurance told the shop to arrange to have it taken to a junk yard, and the shop called me and said hey...do you want to be the "junk yard" and get your stuff off the car? so they are trying to work it that way, and i may be able to sell my mods..depending on whether i get a speed6 again.

and sorry i'm so lazy, but you gotta see the other pics...wow its in bad shape ha

get a 37s!(drive2)

hey so for those who care,
i had a ton of interest in parts off my speed, and was going to go that route. so i could hang onto the motor. but the car was bought as is :)

sorry all who wanted parts, it was goin down. but this worked out much better for me!

no :(
i wish, looks like i'm forging my stang motor. thats what i was gonna use the mazda motor for. just wish it wasn't carbureted

edit: try to use lol, but i was convinced i could pull it off.

Latest posts

Back