another recall!!

Anyone get these updates feel a difference in driving??? Im worried again as my car is going monday for the blah blah blath time for a repair and wondered what to expect..... To be excited or pissed as usual.... (flame)

Car seems to run a bit stronger with the ECU reflash. Im getting a little popping from the exhaust while letting off the throttle and decelerating. Its happening with the engine warm instead of when your car is cold. No complaints here.

I've had both of those done since March. The CEL that they fix usually only happens when the weather starts to get cold. Some valve or solenoid gets stuck open or closed or something and they replace it. They also flashed me while I was having that CEL fixed.

I went a few weeks ago for an oil change and 10k miles service and they said I didn't need either recall. So that flash is probably the one everyone was talking about months and months ago. Some people called it the CAI flash or update (lmao!) but it had nothing to do with it. Definately after getting it the car drove a bit better, it was a while ago so I don't exactly remember how it was better. It just felt "better".

I've had both of those done since March. The CEL that they fix usually only happens when the weather starts to get cold. Some valve or solenoid gets stuck open or closed or something and they replace it. They also flashed me while I was having that CEL fixed.
The intake flap valve sticking is not always associated with cold weather. Mine stuck twice when the weather was in the high 70s. Interestingly though it happened within a few hours of me taking the front wheels off. Anyway, after the recall, I hope it doesn't come back.

After the recall service I thought the car was slower, but then remember swapped my TMIC back to stock for the service. :)

The intake flap valve sticking is not always associated with cold weather. Mine stuck twice when the weather was in the high 70s. Interestingly though it happened within a few hours of me taking the front wheels off. Anyway, after the recall, I hope it doesn't come back.

After the recall service I thought the car was slower, but then remember swapped my TMIC back to stock for the service. :)

Was it really humid or raining when the CEL happened? Mine would happen in the morning of a cold rainy day and then the CEL would go away after a day or two.

Was it really humid or raining when the CEL happened? Mine would happen in the morning of a cold rainy day and then the CEL would go away after a day or two.
Nope, bright sunny California late summer days. If the problem happens, it sets the CEL which stays set for five drive cycles, then clears the light. The code stays stored in the ECU and can still be scanned out.

Had both recalls done friday 12th

Had the ecu and shutter valve recall done on friday . Cars seems a little faster (but dyno) but could also be extremely cold weather we've been getting last few days. Gas mileage has improved alot according to computer after ecu flash.:D But I actualy took the car in for a clunking noise coming from drivers side, feels like its by the cntr console or underneath pedals. Gets progresively louder as the car heats up, especialy in stop n go traffic. Only happens when clutch is released in first, second, and sometimes third. Those idiots at stealership didn't even check it . After mech hopped in my car and I duplicated noise he heard it. So they did the 2 remaing recalls and told me to bring the car back for the clunking. Yhea right since I don't trust those idiots and don't have anymore time to waste at that particular dealership. I boght some rhino ramps today took a look underneath found nothing loose, even took the battery out and checked the #4 motor mount wich they replaced a month ago, but I never cheked it after they replaced it. Couldn't find anything now I'm thinking maybe its something to do with the clutch. Made another appt. at a different dealership on sat. for an oil change will see how their service is , if I like it better I'll bring it back to them in a few weeks to check out clunking noise. Any info or advise would be appreciated.(boom05)

wow i average 24 mpg with heavy foot...but since i hbave a boost gauge now i can proly get close to 30 by staying in vacuum

wow i average 24 mpg with heavy foot...but since i hbave a boost gauge now i can proly get close to 30 by staying in vacuum

Guess living at 8600 feet leans it out a bit..been averaging 29.2 city/highway mix. Wonder what it would be it I drove it nice?..(drinks)

Damn weather had to get cold! Now it finally threw the CEL... guess I need to get the recall done after all... due for an oil change and tire rotation in any case...

Getting this done tomorrow and hopefully it will lean the car out a little but I won't hold my breath.

As a sidenote, if this does help my gas mileage, it would be fantastic. With mixed city/highway driving and keeping the car at right around 70 on the highway (no point in going faster, too much traffic) i am getting around 28.5-29.5 MPG. It would be nice to get into the 30 range... :)

You would think that a brand new car would have the latest flash but that's not the case with these cars. I have had my car for three weeks now and it was built on 07/07 (good date huh??). I got a CEL after the first day and they said an update was available and done while it was being serviced.

FYI, I had the CAI before I even picked it up so I can't tell if that made any changes to the soot on the exhaust pipe. I have washed my car twice and the soot isn't all that bad....although my mileage sucks. I have never had a car that sucked up soo much fuel. Then again, I have never had a car that could rip like this one so I am cool with it. (2thumbs)

Getting this done tomorrow and hopefully it will lean the car out a little but I won't hold my breath.

As a sidenote, if this does help my gas mileage, it would be fantastic. With mixed city/highway driving and keeping the car at right around 70 on the highway (no point in going faster, too much traffic) i am getting around 28.5-29.5 MPG. It would be nice to get into the 30 range... :)

Good for you, man. I'm lucky to get 24 mpg. >_<

I had this recall done over the weekend and I also had my first service done. Ever sense I had it done my Butt Dyno tells me the car is running a lot smoother both in idle and acceleration.

Now I'm not sure if it was the reflash or not as I purchased Royal Purple for my oil change and people say it makes a differance.

Ether way, I'm happy so far as the car fills much nicer and not quite as harsh under acceleration or idle. But maybe my Butt Dyno needs calibration or something :)

Got a CEL last night driving home. It was probably the coldest it has been since I've owned my car ~58F. At first the CEL was blinking, then it went solid for about 5 mins then it went off. I tried reading the code with my DashHawk but it said there were no stored codes. :( Not sure why I couldn't read it.

Oh well, I'll probably take my car in this weekend for the recall.

I had the reflash done a few days ago, and in talking to the service advisor, he claims the reflash helps reduce how rich the car runs during cold-start. This would explain why some people could smell gas coming from the tailpipe at startup.

The one thing I've noticed since the reflash is that power seems more linear, and that the turbo seems to hold boost better in between shifts.

Back