all the piggy backs

deckedoutmp5

:
02 MP5 #3256
i thought it might be handy to get a list of just what piggy backs are out there in one thread and what they do.

like example:

haltech f10, only does fuel no addition injectors
microtech, comes with injectors... blah blah

if we can just get a list like that and or ease of use for each i think that might help alot of members as they are looking.

if this has already been done, flame away. :D

peace and donuts-trav

AFAIK, MPI can be a piggyback for fuel with limitiations, it can be a stand alone for injectors, i THINK it can do stand alone spark, and it can do piggyback spark.

I'm pretty sure the emanage is along the same lines as well.

deckedoutmp5
i like your p5, especially that body vinyl. im not a fan of vinyls, but it looks good. the only question is why does your intercooler look photoshopped?

protejay5 said:
deckedoutmp5
i like your p5, especially that body vinyl. im not a fan of vinyls, but it looks good. the only question is why does your intercooler look photoshopped?

because it was taken by a HD cam at like 3500 and it was converted to a rgb exeps file, then shrunk like 1000 times.

vinyl i got from azautographics.com they are very nice and have everything and can do anything custom.

my friend also has his own vinyl plotter and does everyones cars in KC, hes bad ass and cheap, www.groundzerographix.com hes working on a new webpage, this is just his basic one.

peace- trav

ok now back to the originals post about piggy backs! :D

Haltech F10 is only a fuel controller...you have to run it parallel to the stock ECU (piggyback)

Haltech E6X is a full standalone...that can also run as a piggyback.

Turboge had an awesome setup with a Haltech E6K (the predecessor to the E6X) running in parallel to the stock ECU....with a switch to go back and forth from stock control to Haltech control.

i have the emanage installed on my N/A mp3...

but were having issues with the ecu relearning ... which you all may know of...

Hey, don't forget the SafeGuard. LinuxRacr and Little Beavis (Cornholio) are using it, but they haven't run any performance tests.

Here's a link to a report from a guy in the UK, with one on his Subaru.

He has a way to switch maps in his ECU, and has found an extra 23 hp safe hp, tuning with the unit. His tuner is estimating 430 hp.

Before he got the unit they were tuning with a KnockLink detector. There was a big group buy on those things over there a few months ago. If you read his post, it says that the J&S is already removing the knock, while the KnockLink is barely able to hear it, never going beyond the first LED on the KnockLink display.

They are also listening with "det cans". This is a limey term for a headset hooked up to a microphone on the engine block, to listen for knock.

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=179486&Page=17

Back