all seasons or winter tires

jaymode

Being in college I have a budget. Winter tires and steelies are going to run me like 450 dollars. For that price, I could get some pirelli pzero all season tires, but would have to run them on my stock wheels. I have 15k miles on my potenza's and I have no clue how much longer they will last, so I do not want to have to spend money this coming summer on new summer tires also. I have not really ever driven that much in snow, however, I do visit west virginia frequently and during the winter I did have to drive on snow packed roads there, last winter I would say i drove in snow like 5-6 times but not in my msp. Would snow tires be a wise investment, or should i go with all seasons?

You need winters for driving in the snow.
That being said, if you opnly drivge in the snow 5-6 times a year, you could probably get away with all seasons.
Just don't try to drive in the snow with the stock Bridgestones, whatever you do.

snow tires will be best for winter driving. the steel rims will nice nice becasue you won't care about curbing or the salt damaging the coating......plus snow tires gives you great performance in snow driving, and summer/performance tires are best for spring-fall driving. you get the best of both worlds......

I'm a college student as well, and I tried to just squeak by last year with the stock tires for the winter. After about 4 near-accidents, I ordered some winter tires (blizzaks) and steelies and put them on. I had all-season tires on all of my previous cars, and I'll never use an all-season tire again. The winter tires turn an MSP into a jeep in the snow. I didn't like the hit to the wallet, but there's nothing more important than safety. I'd highly recommend going with winter tires.

Well I have decided to go with winters and steelies after going to Sam's Club with my mom yesterday. They had some cheap Kelly Pacemaker Snowtracker tires that were 195/65/15 and that should be close enough to stock size but I was kind of skeptical about the tires and decided that I would have them special order Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice tires in 195/60/15, if that is the right size? I still have to find the steelies, but once I do they will put them on the car and everytime i want the winters and summers swapped they will do it for free, which is a good deal. Plus, the price is the same as on the internet.

Yes. wintertires are amazing...and I ******* despise all-season tires...ok handling on dry roads, and so-so on snow...hmm, or I can get snows that handle awesome on snow, and performance tires that handle awesome on everything BUT snow...I think I'll take the snow and perf tires thank you...lol. Good choice getting snows man, you'll be happy you made the decision

Back