ALL 2010 Mazda3 Stuff Goes Here

Looks good, maybe I'll trade in my 07 for the new one. I like the hood scoop and dual exhaust. Looks alot more aggressive as well

I had rather have a center exit pair of tailpipes...one of each side of the rear looks ridiculous in a four banger IMHO...

Last edited:
this thing is nice, but now that it's almost 100% true that its going to be FWD, I'm not feeling it anymore. If it was AWD or RWD, I would have sold my speed3 and got it, but not FWD.

I might go test drive the new 370z :) when it comes out.

this thing is nice, but now that it's almost 100% true that its going to be FWD, I'm not feeling it anymore. If it was AWD or RWD, I would have sold my speed3 and got it, but not FWD.

I might go test drive the new 370z :) when it comes out.

Or a Genesis Coupe or new Camaro? Should be same price range. I'm also digging the new solstice coupe. I love the shape of it. Anyway I digress, back to MS3 land!

I like the pics of the new MS3 AWD or not. If it comes close to or at 300hp and weight stays down it will be nasty quick on the highway and post some pretty impressive trap speeds. Although I agree 100% with VermZ06, the Genesis Coupe, new Camaro, and 370Z all seem to be cars I will be looking at.

The sad part is everyone keeps waving the AWD flag, but I bet this car will give all the naysayers from AWD camp a nice slap in the face. Mazdaspeed is known for producing proven track cars who also handle amazingly as a daily driver even in FWD form.

All information seems to point to the fact that the new speed will indeed be fwd drive, but this information makes me raise an eyebrow however i dont know how Mazda will keep the price on par if this gets put in place.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/gossip/new-volvo-c30-r-on-the-way-172562.php

http://autoreview.belproject.com/item/828

So for all hoping for a AWD Speed3 this maybe the first step, if you read some of the articles the HP numbers seem pretty darn close to whats swirling around the web. Seems like ford will be pulling from its parts bin again!

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/green-light-for-the-300-hp-volvo-c30/

And the second one is January 2008. Not exactly breaking news.

Wow, nothing gets past you guys huh?!? LOL. The point was not when it was posted rather what it has to do with. Let me try to explain a little differently,

Current Mazdaspeed3 cars have a similar brake set up to certain volvo sedans and also shares a chassis as well. It would not be far fetched for the next generation of the speed3 to have the features listed in those articles, matter of fact it just goes to show that the chassis and those components work well together.

everyone is an expert, but then maybe not :)

Car rumors always have been, and always will be 10% facts and 90% bulls***.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=134786?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..2.*

"A lack of power has never been the Mazdaspeed 3's problem, so look for most of the improvements to be geared toward improved traction. All-wheel drive has been rumored as a possible remedy, but Inside Line has learned that the car will remain front-wheel drive."

Did everyone miss that at the bottom?

no, I read that, you can see my previous post. but it does make me question just why?? FWD 300+ hp, I guess that is okay on the highway, but on the street, just driving around, its going to be a pain. Maybe this is mazda's way of trying to own the FWD sport segment and just crush that new cobalt. But still, why not RWD or AWD.

Wow, nothing gets past you guys huh?!? LOL. The point was not when it was posted rather what it has to do with. Let me try to explain a little differently,

Current Mazdaspeed3 cars have a similar brake set up to certain volvo sedans and also shares a chassis as well. It would not be far fetched for the next generation of the speed3 to have the features listed in those articles, matter of fact it just goes to show that the chassis and those components work well together.

My point was, if there is nothing more recent than that on the Volvo, it's probably not going to actually happen. With cars like this they need to keep people interested with a steady flow of spyshots and rumors.

My point was, if there is nothing more recent than that on the Volvo, it's probably not going to actually happen. With cars like this they need to keep people interested with a steady flow of spyshots and rumors.

it's all a mind game :p

well I think it is double edged sword. The C30 was in essence a failure for Volvo in the states as it was supposed to offer a more entry level upscale approach. I feel that they wanted to inject some more performance into the car, but that would be far too risky on a platform not proven in sales.

It would be more feasible for Ford/Mazda to use that technology on the Speed3 as it will work with that chassis and it has proven itself in sales time and time again. The next problem is how will it affect the price of the new speed3 if that was implemented? If that was the case we could then expect a sub 26 or 27k car. Of course this is all food for thought.

Latest posts

Back