ALL 2.3 DZR speeds Want a TMIC

I'm still confused on how that's different from the ETS? they look the same minus the tab on the hot side of the unit.?????? Is the tab for the ability to use the stock cover?

Last edited:
It has cast end tanks rather than folded ones. This provides superior airflow.

Jacob I would just provide a 1/8th in thick metal surround for the tmic like ets or autoexe

No pre-order list at the moment, but I will keep you posted on when they are available, so you will be sure to get one.

FYI, we should be releasing our FMIC kit for the 2010 MS3 in the next 2 weeks. I believe they will be $899 for the full kit which includes the ram air intake box for the hood scoop and our turbo inlet pipe.

Will you also have a kit with just the TMIC if you already have a TIP?

Looking good. I too am curious what you are doing for a shroud. Also, what did you decide on for thickness? Is this 3.25?

Too expand on what 8.5MS3 said about benefits of this TMIC vs some of the ones already on the market....This one does indeed have the cast endtanks which should improve flow slightly. Whether this will be significant or not I don't know. For me, the real benefit this will have is price. If the estimate quoted earlier in the thread holds up, this should be a great value vs the other guys.

Here is a link to the knowledgebase article with some detailed pictures of the TMIC. Knowledgebase article It also shows it installed with the factory shroud. That is indeed why the tab is on the hot side end tank. We wanted to keep the ability to use your stock shroud. This also keeps cost down.

The TMIC does not come with a TIP. I was referring to the FMIC kit that comes with a TIP.

Sorry for misreading. :( I love still being able to use the stock plastic shroud. Please retain this feature for the 07-09.

Man I Love the cast end tanks, and would be all over this tmic if it came with a metal shroud(simialr to the competitors). I hate the look of the factory shroud. If i was into the sleeper look it would be great, but myself and others like to be a little flashy.

The core size is 13.5" x 12" x 3". We will be installing sensors to obtain both temperature and pressure readings across the core. We will also be dyno testing the car with the the stock IC, our new TMIC, and then our TMIC with a new tune designed to optimize power with the new TMIC.

We will look into making a shroud as an option, as I know some people like the factory look and some like the engine bay a little more "flashy" as My07Ms6 put it.

Here are a couple pictures of the TMIC.

2-1.jpg

1-8.jpg

I will set aside some time this week to get some installed pictures. We are trying to finish up work on our FMIC kit which is currently on our MS3 and taking up space where the TMIC needs to go.

Holy cow it looks nice.. And the brackets that bolt it down look OG.. I know I have an ETS top mount already.. But I would be willing to buy that one for an MS6 if the quality is like it is there. That looks awesome.

Dyno numbers when you can :) if its comparable to the ETS then Looks like I might be buying another intercooler

EDIT: Also will it use the factory Shroud so the hood lines up with it

Last edited:
I posted this earlier, but here is an article with some updates and pictures with the factory shroud installed.

Knowledgebase Article

The IC is currently running in our vehicle with the factory shroud. I will get everything hooked up to get some numbers as soon as I can.

Back