Aircon very noisy but only when turned off since the fitting of new aircon clutch

sziggy

:
Mazda 5 sport 2.0 petrol
Afternoon all,

Just fitted a brand new aircon clutch to the Mazda5 and all was looking good until I turned the aircon off when I get a loud tapping / knocking noise (I have a vid if it is of help). The noise isn't there if there is no aircon belt fitted, so it must be related to the fitting of the new clutch. As I said the odd thing is it is only present with the aircon off.

Do any of the Mazda genii have any ideas?

Thank you

Stephen

You seem to have answered your own question.
Sounds like a defective aircon clutch.

Hi,

I see what you are saying, but it is a brand new clutch (could still be faulty I suppose) and only happens when he aircon is off. If it had been with the aircon on I would have understood it.

I will remove and refit to check everything

Hi,

I see what you are saying, but it is a brand new clutch (could still be faulty I suppose) and only happens when he aircon is off. If it had been with the aircon on I would have understood it.

I will remove and refit to check everything

There is still a bearing that lets the spin happen when the clutch is not engaged, check that the noise is exactly coming from there.
You will not be the first person to receive a defective unit if that end up being the case :)
I can see how troubleshooting would be more difficult because it is only natural to assume new part is good. There could also be an issue with the installation I suppose.

Back