Aftermarket radiators

MP3racer

Authorized Vendor
Are you looking for an aftermarket radiator for your MSP/P5/MP3/Protege?

They are currently available from Ron Davis (~$400-$500) and Corksport ($300).

I would like to put together either a group buy or find a manufacturer who could build one in the $250 range.

Is this something you would buy??

Please start a list so I have something to go to the manufacturers/suppliers with!!

Thanks!
Tom
Doc B Racing

Are you looking for an aftermarket radiator for your MSP/P5/MP3/Protege?

They are currently available from Ron Davis (~$400-$500) and Corksport ($300).

I would like to put together either a group buy or find a manufacturer who could build one in the $250 range.

Is this something you would buy??

Please start a list so I have something to go to the manufacturers/suppliers with!!

Thanks!
Tom
Doc B Racing

1) Zoom 79gc

Would you look to have any MSP width aftermarket made?

Or are the all going to be full-width (MP3 and P5) radiators?

Cheers.

Would you look to have any MSP width aftermarket made?

Or are the all going to be full-width (MP3 and P5) radiators?

Cheers.

At this time I would have to say that full width is probably going to be the larger group and unfortunately numbers speak with manufacturers.

However, probably not a bad idea to indicate your preference of rad, either MSP width or full width and we'll see what we get....

I have a MSP, but not only do I want it full width(p5,protege) I'd also want it full height as well. For instance I test fit a CS full size radiator(had to sell it resently) and it's an 1 1/2"-2" shorter than my stock MSP radiator. I have straight rad brackets not the drop, bent brackets that the p5 guys have. Not a big deal just a thought, the p5's will work I just have to get new brackets to. Any idea of a time frame with this?

I have a MSP, but not only do I want it full width(p5,protege) I'd also want it full height as well. For instance I test fit a CS full size radiator(had to sell it resently) and it's an 1 1/2"-2" shorter than my stock MSP radiator. I have straight rad brackets not the drop, bent brackets that the p5 guys have. Not a big deal just a thought, the p5's will work I just have to get new brackets to. Any idea of a time frame with this?

Time frame depends on whether I can get a current manufacturer interested in a group buy. If not, I'm going to a Performance Trade Show in early December where I can talk to some other manufacturers about making a new addition to the current available rads.

Inform me more about the differences between the standard Protege rad mounting and a P5 rad mount....

well i had to switch to p5 radiator mounts wen i put the pwr in my protege! but it was the same rad that was on pirana's car and it looks like his sits flush! idk? put yah i did have to switch, the p5 brackets have a 45 degree angle down to the rad.

This is a Ron Davis radiator in our race car with sedan mounts. Is this what you mean as "flush"? Do these look the same as the P5 mounts?

mazdaspeedprotege017.jpg

Im in for one straight swap for the stock MSP radiator, getting rid of the stock intercooler.

This is a Ron Davis radiator in our race car with sedan mounts. Is this what you mean as "flush"? Do these look the same as the P5 mounts?

mazdaspeedprotege017.jpg

See were the rad bracket mounts to the frame the drops down to meet the radiator, on an MSP it doesn't drop down it's a flat piece making the MSP rad tall than a p5,or SE. I'll pm you and have to email you a pic of mine. I'm on an iPhone and just can't post it to the site

+1

get someone to make that strut brace too!
Was thinking the same thing.
I don't think I need a new rad, so I'll just say that I'll keep an eye on the thread. Would this be stock thickness or thicker like the Corksport? More surface area or just better construction?

Back