Aftermarket GPS navigation (Pioneer AVIC-N1) with pics

djltoronto

:
Mazda 3 Sport
Thought I'd share some pics of what a http://www.avic-n1.com/Pioneer AVIC-N1 looks like in a Mazda 3.

I know I was concerned about how well it would integrate into the dash, and weather or not it would stick out far beyond the dash (I have seen these decks in Cavaliers and they usually stick out about 1" from the dash and block all the heater controls)

I am TOTALY impressed with how well it looks and works, even with the GPS sensor hidden underneath the center dash cover, I am still able to connect to 7 of 8 parallel satellites.

The Metra dash kit actually looks pretty good, and the two additional pockets it adds are quite useful. (headbang)

Enough with the rambling (yawn) ... Here are some pics from multiple angles!!!

img08121qv.jpg

img08134vs.jpg

img08140ah.jpg

img08158sq.jpg

img08167fn.jpg

img08176ae.jpg

img08187yk.jpg

img08199bk.jpg

img08208qr.jpg

img08210cr.jpg

img08227am.jpg

img08224kb.jpg

img08237xk.jpg

img08244pv.jpg

img08251iv.jpg

img08269vk.jpg

nice, and it costs the same as the factory one which does not hav the other goodies such as the gauges, DVD, etc)

very nice... the only thing i don't like is the how the pocket looks where our oem display is... the pocket underneath the unit looks nice and the dash kits does look good, but that c/f look alike stirp and that lil pocket just stand out...

great job though, and i am impressed you could fit that underneath the center dash piece, very nice indeed...

That's a sweet setup !!! - I'm too cheap so I went with a Garmin Streetpilot
c-320 for around $400 (touchscreen and everything + portability) .
btw, great pics.

Attachments

• 104_0422.JPG
    104_0422.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 104_0420.JPG
    104_0420.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 348
wow, that looks really great. must be nice to have all that room in your dash!

Kick looks awesome! :)

heck, I'd love to be able to see the back of my head unit... and I wish my vents were that high above the din slots... be curious how the control box is gunna feel being under that much heat?

-Dean

i dont know much about this head unit so i wasnt to ask you a couple fo questions. First i assume you lost your wheel controls, right? Is that a touch screen? You do lose your 6-disc changer but you have sat radio right?
how much did it cost?

ZoomVT said:
i dont know much about this head unit so i wasnt to ask you a couple fo questions. First i assume you lost your wheel controls, right? Is that a touch screen? You do lose your 6-disc changer but you have sat radio right?
how much did it cost?

1. Steering wheel controls are gone for now, but can be fixed using a PAC SWI-X

2. Yes, it's touch screen, (part of the reason I love it so much)

3. I never had a 6 disk changer, but yes, if I had one I would have had to sacrifice it for this to fit where it is. Although I can now play MP3's, so a disk changer is not really required since I can fit so many MP3's on a single disk. Actually, I can make a DVD full of MP3's 8 gigs of music on a single disk.

4. SAT radio is a direct connect option, which I don't have yet. Still debating if it will be worth it for me.

5. They are expensive, but worth it in my opinion. plus I got a hell of deal.

very cool. thanks for the answers. i still didnt get a price, lets just put it this way, what is the cost at retail?

ZoomVT said:
very cool. thanks for the answers. i still didnt get a price, lets just put it this way, what is the cost at retail?
$2499.99 at futureshop and Bestbuy here in Canada

ebays price is more reasonable. 2500??? that would be madness. i think im just going to stick to my carputer.

ZoomVT said:
ebays price is more reasonable. 2500??? that would be madness. i think im just going to stick to my carputer.

carputer is the way to go, if you have the time to devote to building and installing it... you can add your own gps, have almost an unlimited supply of music, and add sat radio, plus how cool is it to browse the 3forum while in your 3??? hehehe...

yeah im already saving for it, hopefully i;'ll have it by then end of the winter.

my plan is to save for wheels/tires and exhaust... i needed to stop spendin money on the entertainment and spend money on the perf...

tsunami said:
my plan is to save for wheels/tires and exhaust... i needed to stop spendin money on the entertainment and spend money on the perf...

yeah tru dat. i am a software engineer though so having a carputer its like having a performance mod. lol
depending on the mileage i may just get the finds from the carputer and out it towards the turbo. I would really like to have the carputer though and then do it Pimp My Ride style with screens on the headrests and a PS3 in the glove box.
oh im drooling

hahaha... nice ps3's are goin to be bad ass, i am already lookin at possibly gettin one of those and not an exhaust when they come out... prob goin to be 400+ for the ps3.. oh man... drooolage for sure..

my buddy works at EA games and he has the xbox360 and early PS3 to work on... he says go Xbox360 ... for now. although he said the PS3 looks promising!

Latest posts

Back